bodybugg v. bodymedia v. fitbit

Options
Does anyone use the above technology to help with their weight loss?

My sister has a fitbit and she really likes it. I have heard a few people talk about their bodybugg and how much they love keeping track of everything.

I have been researching the three items and I am just not sure which is best for me or if I should just forget the whole thing. I love data. I think it would be fun to track my day and see where I need to improve.

Any input would be great. Thanks

Replies

• Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    Hi

I just asked this question actually ! I have a fitbit and I love it but it doesn't take into account your heart rate so it's not 100% accurate. It's small and easy to wear. Body media is big and you have to wear it on your arm the whole time I think ? I literally never take off my fitbit it's so easy ! The company that makes them has excellent service and mine started to die and they sent me a brand new one with no cost within a couple days. I think I'm going to purchase a HRM and wear it when I work out. That way I can get an accurate reading.

You can go to my profile and check my post and it should be under there. A lot of people gave their suggestions about it !

-- Sarah
  • rubypoh
    rubypoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks. I did go back and read your post. it sounds like BodyMedia might be a good choice for me. At this point I still need to justify spending $120. if it really will help with my weight loss journey I say it is probably worth it. If I am just going to spend more time at the computer because of it and less time being active then it sounds a bit wasteful.

Any other opinions still welcome.