I am officially OVERWEIGHT!!!

Options
kathim429
kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
I have to admit, when I started this site in August, the first time I saw this subject, I cringed. I didn't get it.

Well, now that I have lost 40lbs and I am officially in the Overweight category and out of the Obese category...I get it.

It took me many, many years to finally understand that I wasn't happy the way I was. I did want to and actually could lose weight if I tried. 15 years to learn that lesson. I will never go back. Never. I was always an athletic person and I allowed myself to get beat down and I buried myself in my weight.

No more. I look forward to going to the gym. I miss it if I don't get there. It is MY time, and I love that.

My next goal is to get myself in that Normal range. Bring it on. I am ready.

Replies

• MsErikaEdwards
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep it up!
  • Bunski
    Bunski Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You rock! :flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, when I started this site in August, the first time I saw this subject, I cringed. I didn't get it.

Well, now that I have lost 40lbs and I am officially in the Overweight category and out of the Obese category...I get it.

It took me many, many years to finally understand that I wasn't happy the way I was. I did want to and actually could lose weight if I tried. 15 years to learn that lesson. I will never go back. Never. I was always an athletic person and I allowed myself to get beat down and I buried myself in my weight.

No more. I look forward to going to the gym. I miss it if I don't get there. It is MY time, and I love that.

My next goal is to get myself in that Normal range. Bring it on. I am ready.

I LOVE THIS! Great attitude. LOL My husband and I were just talking about the straw that broke the camels back for me 3 years ago and started me on this journey. I got mad. This wasn't fair but I was going to do something about it. I finally faced it head on. It's not an easy journey and that is for sure, but it can be done if you DECIDE and keep your chin up.

I'm cheering for you and wishing you the best! -Bobbie
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Grats!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What an achievement!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kathim429
    Options
    Thanks!! The support that comes from the people on this site is amazing.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    will-and-carlton-dancing-fresh-prince-of-bel-air.gif

Awesome!!

You will be there in no time! :)
  • dmh0204
    Options
    So great!!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Today I had that same moment! OUT OF THE OBESE CATEGORY!!!!! YAY! Good for you girl~ I'm a third of the way to my goal weight. Keep going girl!
  • ambate2
    Options
    Congrats! I too was very excited the day I got on the scale and it finally read a number that was in my "overweight" range, no longer "obese". Keep it up, "normal" is just around the corner!
  • kathim429
    Options
    Today I had that same moment! OUT OF THE OBESE CATEGORY!!!!! YAY! Good for you girl~ I'm a third of the way to my goal weight. Keep going girl!

Congratulations!!!
  • hunter624
    Options
    Congratulations! excellent progress keep up the good work... good luck with the rest of your journey...

:drinker:
  • Sarah0393
    Sarah0393 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's a long journey but it's so much easier when you can see results, no matter what form they take. Keep up the good work!!!
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourself and rightly so.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Way to go! Love your positive attitude!!
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! CONGRATULATIONS!! You gotta be doing happy snoopy dances all over!! woo hoo! Keep up that attitude and dedication! You've just extended your life beyond your wildest dreams! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats :-) , I am still working on getting to overweight, I think I have another 10lbs to go to get there, but I will do it :-)

And I know you'll kick overweights backside and get to the healthy BMI range :-)

again, Well done :-)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    <cheering>
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha the title etc made me laugh and do a double take :)

Great job on the loss! But maybe I'm not only one but I laughed at title as I thought you meant you were HAPPY and WANTED to be overweight haha :D

anyway grate and good job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!