SPACE!...erm, painting!

Options
Please keep in mind this painting is unfinished and there are a lot of small details that my (non-smart) cell phone camera couldn't pick up. However, I have people inquiring to buy it already and I'm trying to figure out pricing. How much would you expect to see something like this sold for? It's acrylic on canvas and 4ftx2ft in size.

P111112_0337.jpg

Replies

• wham55
    wham55 Posts: 44
    Options
    $250+
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wow. Pricing art is really difficult. I have no idea. I assume you are new to selling your art, otherwise you would already know how to price it. It's market-demand-driven. You have to make a name and create a "thing" to get better prices. But, as it is, going rate for stuff like that that I see is anywhere from $125 to $750 or so. It just kinda depends what you are comfortable asking. When I sell art, I tend to go really high. It's surprising what some people will pay. Since, it's original, there's nothing to compare it to, so you can ask whatever you want.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much to charge, but I wated to tell you it is cool!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's very cool. For that size I would say a couple hundred at least... but it's value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    Wow. Pricing art is really difficult. I have no idea. I assume you are new to selling your art, otherwise you would already know how to price it. It's market-demand-driven. You have to make a name and create a "thing" to get better prices. But, as it is, going rate for stuff like that that I see is anywhere from $125 to $750 or so. It just kinda depends what you are comfortable asking. When I sell art, I tend to go really high. It's surprising what some people will pay. Since, it's original, there's nothing to compare it to, so you can ask whatever you want.

I've just never sold anything this big. ^_^' I also usually get shy and price far too low. Thank you for the input. :)
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    $250-$300 sounds like a good price, even if you short sell yourself a few times at least you are getting your name and your work out there for more clients!
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    Sold for 300+S&H. Woot.
  • LoganStrength
    Options
    Glad you sold it. Am I the only one who saw a fetus in utero, when they looked at it?
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    Glad you sold it. Am I the only one who saw a fetus in utero, when they looked at it?

Someone else said they saw a face but I guess a fetus works too. Lol. It's modeled after nebulae and various other inspirational galaxy pictures. I've been a general science nut my whole life so it seemed appropriate.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Now that you've said it, I can't unsee it!

Still very awesome. =)
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i like it but it look more like water to me
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    NIce painting!!! That is excellent how much you got for it. I should stop giving my paintings away.haha
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    NIce painting!!! That is excellent how much you got for it. I should stop giving my paintings away.haha

Haha, yeah, I used to give a bunch away but that canvas was $80 and considering I'm a new mom, there's no way I'm pissing that money away! Lol.