WHAT TO DO!

Options
I have been doing really well with my weightloss and just recently I gained 4 lbs. Usually if I am down about my weight staying still or gaining a lb my mother always tells me it will be ok. But for some reason she says I need to be watching what I eat more. I feel terrible now, I didnt gain the weight back slowly I gained it overnight. I am still eating my 1200-1300 cal and working out on the eleptical an hour 3 times a week. I dont know what else to do. I gained it overnight and now it wont go back down. What to do? Is my mom right? My husband says dont listen to her that I am doing fine, but usually she is my rock and now?? I dont know who to lean on!:frown:

Replies

• athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well with my weightloss and just recently I gained 4 lbs. Usually if I am down about my weight staying still or gaining a lb my mother always tells me it will be ok. But for some reason she says I need to be watching what I eat more. I feel terrible now, I didnt gain the weight back slowly I gained it overnight. I am still eating my 1200-1300 cal and working out on the eleptical an hour 3 times a week. I dont know what else to do. I gained it overnight and now it wont go back down. What to do? Is my mom right? My husband says dont listen to her that I am doing fine, but usually she is my rock and now?? I dont know who to lean on!:frown:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Lean on yourself :smile:

I've been pretty diligent about my program adn was just posting about how I'd reached a 'floor' at 205. Spent about 2 weeks breaking that and I've just these past 2 days been under. So, some patience is needed sometimes.

Also it could be water.
  • serenity1272
    Options
    I agree that it might be water, hormones, sodium....there are tons of explanations but the thing is that you recognize it, want to do something about it and are willing. Sometimes it happens. I have gained and lost over 5 lbs in a day from breakfast thru dinner. Your body is just having a "moment".
    Don't worry, you will be ok....how are your clothes feeling? Sometimes we concentrate so much on the "weight" that we forget that it is ok as long as your clothes are getting smaller, your healthy and you feel ok.
    I would weigh 250 all day long....if I had the correct body fat, I was toned and in shape....to me I don't really watch the scale....I watch my body and how my clothes fit.....but that is me....
    You can do it, you can lose those 4 lbs....just relax and keep doing what your doing...you will make it through....hang in there!!!!! Know that you have lots of support on here....:flowerforyou:
  • filergirl
    Options
    It could be anything. Hormones, water retention, you name it. Stick with it -- you're doing great. Remember, it's about the big picture.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Calm down dear, This happens ALL the time.
    If it is that time of month I have been known to gain OVER NIGHT as much as 6 pounds.
    Then like magic in a couple of days I am back on track. If not lower then before the weight gain.
    Just during this time, TRY not to beat yourself up. Your body is retaining water for one reason or another. To wash that extra water through, Drink a BUNCH of water. :drinker:
    Until you pee clear.
    also try to increase the excersize a little. Do just 10 to 15 more min of walking at a fast pace.
    And eat fruit and veggies that wash out your system too. Stawberries and Green and Red peppers are wonderful for this. :flowerforyou:
    You will find yourself back on track in no time.
    --Diann...:flowerforyou:
    PS: And Bless the hearts of all Mothers who tell us how to lose weight, when they are over weight themselves.
    We LOVE you MOM but get OFF US! :tongue: Hee Hee...:laugh:
    BTW, Do not tell your mom that before the holidays....In fact do not EVER tell the dear that!
    It will not help you to have guilt,
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I am one not to get on the scale daily. Our bodies change a lot, especially once a month. Try using the scale once or twice a week. You are exercising and with that you are also building muscle. It takes time, and it will come off. There is one thing that also worked for me,
    I was using a treadmill at home 5 days a week, and I was walking the same pace day in and day out. I hit a plateau and I was not happy. I joined a gym, and I change my routine daily. Some days I up the incline and the speed, others, I use different machines. I also use the weights, working out 2 body parts a day. It has really made a BIG difference. I keep my heart rate up for a longer period of time, and I have been losing inches and really toning up.
    Drink lots and lots of water. Especially when you are working out.
    You can do this, and just remember, it takes time and we are all here for you. Keep up the good work, and don't let anybody tell you wrong. You are on the right track to a successful weight lose.