Best Work Out Times

Options
I am going to start working out again tommorow...I suddenly feel motivated to do Insanity. I can either choose to work out early in the morning before I go to work or later in the evening after I get back from work. What time a day has everyone else had sucess with??

Replies

• Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I do it asa i get in from work at 5/6pm
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday I am at the gym at 3:45 am. I am too exhausted and always have things to do after work.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I rather work out in mornings so I know its done but I can never get my butt out of bed so I usually workout at lunch and when I get off work around 430.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    During the week I exercise after work. That's really my only option because I already get up for work at 4:40 am, and I usually like to work out for more than an hour. So, doing it before work wouldn't really work for me. On the weekends, I try to workout first thing. I have better luck controlling my calories on weekends. I can't say if its because I workout first, or if its because I don't keep junk food in my house (someone always brings junk to work), or if its just because weekends are so much less stressful than workdays. Anyway, I would prefer to workout in the morning. Ultimately, the best time for a workout is whatever time you are actually going to do it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I am going to start working out again tommorow...I suddenly feel motivated to do Insanity. I can either choose to work out early in the morning before I go to work or later in the evening after I get back from work. What time a day has everyone else had sucess with??

It does not matter, totally personal preference. I find in the evenings it's harder to be motivated and I have trouble sleeping if it's too close to bedtime, but we are all different. I'm older and have more sleep issues because of my time in life as a female, LOL, I call it the BIG M, and so anything that effects my sleep is a big deal.

Mainly whatever makes you consistent! Try it out either way and find what works best for you!
  • beccannes
    Options

It does not matter, totally personal preference. I find in the evenings it's harder to be motivated and I have trouble sleeping if it's too close to bedtime, but we are all different. I'm older and have more sleep issues because of my time in life as a female, LOL, I call it the BIG M, and so anything that effects my sleep is a big deal.

Mainly whatever makes you consistent! Try it out either way and find what works best for you!

For me it is hard to pull myself out of bed any earlier and it is harder for me to be motivated after work. I think it is going to be a matter of getting my body used to the new schedule!

Off Topic-you have had AMAZING results, if you don't mind me asking what do you do?! Any sucess hints??
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

For me it is hard to pull myself out of bed any earlier and it is harder for me to be motivated after work. I think it is going to be a matter of getting my body used to the new schedule!

Off Topic-you have had AMAZING results, if you don't mind me asking what do you do?! Any sucess hints??

just go to ANY thread....she copy and pastes it all to all the threads :-)

but in all seriousness....it's an individual preference. work out when you will give it MORE effort and have more energy!! any time is better than not doing it at all
  • cannman
    cannman Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi!

I have Insanity and it helped me lose 7 very tough pounds! I'll probably pick it up again and run through another cycle soon. If I have the choice of before or after work, I would select BEFORE and move heaven and earth to make the commitment not to switch. At work, there are last minute meetings, holiday parties to attend, etc. Wake up early, drink your protein shake, shake off of the haze from sleep, stretch, and get your butt kicked with Insanity. Here is some insider help: Your commitment to workout to Insanity starts the night before. Get enough sleep, get enough sleep, get enough sleep. That means not staying up late to watch TV, record it. Saying no to the unnecessary late night gathering or dinner. It probably means having lunch packed and ready to go for the next day.

Good luck!
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Found this post as I was looking into anyone having the early workouts and if they had to adjust to that time or how they liked it. ,
    I tried a 3 AM work out this morning got up at 3 and got to the gym about 20 minutes later . I liked the gym availability ( I really y like this part a lot not a lot of people and everything is open for the grabbing ) but I am very tired right now, but I guess I just have to get used to working out at that time. I did not have a workout schedule yet and so this is new all around. We have a 14 month old and this time just made sense in my head for some reason letting us still spend time with the husband when he comes home from work. I tried to take a nap with the little one today but still feel tired. So just have to give it a go and see if I can adjust. We have one car at the moment so it all made sense to me to try that time. The car is at home , the husband still has time with us all and so on. So lets see how I feel after a couple weeks of this.
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If I don't work out, as SOON as I get home, or BEFORE I eat dinner...I won't do it. So therefore, I don't even give myself the option to sit down on that lovely leather couch...TO THE TREADCLIMBER I GO!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the morning before work. I work out at 6am. I pack everything the night before and have all my workout clothes ready to throw on. Then I am done for the day. No excuses!! If you are a morning person (or can learn to be one) I would suggest morning. I know if I worked out in the afternoon there would be a lot of days I would skip out.