HRM

Options
I am going to get a HRM next weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on which kind to get?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you want simple, functional, and affordable get a Polar FT4. You can find them on Amazon for around $65.

Whatever you choose, make sure it has a chest strap. Those are going to be most accurate.
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I didn't know that
    If you want simple, functional, and affordable get a Polar FT4. You can find them on Amazon for around $65.

Whatever you choose, make sure it has a chest strap. Those are going to be most accurate.
  • leanne2376
    Options

I am getting one too and the end of the month - i cannot wait !!!
  • riccilily
    Options

100% agreed.

I did a lot of homework and the polar FT4 looks amazing with great feedback. I ended up getting a Suunto and so far I love love love it as I have total control over the monitors feedback and it makes me exercise (great for when I get back up to jogging).

But if you want to keep it simple you can not go wrong wit the FT4
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT7 for $65 on amazon and it comes with a chest strap. It stores more workout than the FT4, I'm not sure if there are other big differences...
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I got the New Balance NF HRM at the beginning of 2012 and love it. It helped me get a more accurate read on my calorie burn and is easy to set up.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT7. I picked this one as I wanted a neutral colored one (Black/Silver). I love love love it. It was my reward for getting under 200. One of the best investments I've made.
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4, best purchase of the year!
  • thilyer
    thilyer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 with chest strap. It is very easy to understand how to use it unlike another one I had before.
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've got a polar FT4 after months of umming and arring... it works well for me and does enough things to make me happy (I'mjust a bedginner at sports)
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    I bought the FT7 for $65 on amazon and it comes with a chest strap. It stores more workout than the FT4, I'm not sure if there are other big differences...

it also has the funtion of showing whether you are in the fat burning zone or fitness building zone FT4 does not have that, not really needed if you can do basic math and memorize a number then look and see if the number on your HRM is below (fat burn zone) or above (fitness zone) but it is kinda nice to not have to think about it sometimes (i have the FT7 as well) also not possitive on this one but the FT7 can go 30m underwater, i THINK the FT4 can be completely submerged in water but not 30m, also if it is your thing they have some sort of online (optional) sync system or something which you pay a monthly fee for on the FT7, never gonna know what that's all about but it is not available for the FT4,:laugh: but for the extra $10 i paid for my FT7 over the FT4 which was $10 cheaper at the time it just seemed worth it,mainly, because as you said...it stores more info
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love my FT4. It does everything I need it to, and I've had it for almost a year with no problems at all!