Dam dr!

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! That 16 pounds of "water weight" came off because of your new healthier lifestyle! Whether the majority of it is water or not, it's gone, and you're 16 pounds lighter. It's all in how you look at it.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It's not all water and who cares what the dr says! You lost 16 lbs and that's amazing!! Sometimes Drs feel the need to educate too much. Yes, a lot of that is water, but you have to lose the water weight before you can dip into fat storage. It's part of the process. It means you are doing everything correctly. Don't get discouraged! Keep doing what you are doing!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Dr's suck!
    After I lost 30 lbs I went into see my Dr thinking I would get a high five and instead she said "well that is good, but you really need to lose another 40-45"

:noway: :cry:

Keep on going, that is not water, he is an *kitten*!

OMG, I would have had to stand up, say "We're done here." and find a new doctor. And that's about as nice as I could have been. I mean seriously - at 30 pounds, presuming you need to lose more, the doctor should really say what an awesome job you're doing, talk to you about what your strategy has been and give you pointers and advice on how to keep going.

What an *kitten*.
  • elissap2
    elissap2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Get mad!!! Prove him wrong! Drs. always seem to give the worse case scenario. 16lbs is wonderful.
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    People that say things like that just make me work even harder.........I refuse to let people make me feel bad....and you shouldn't either!.......Stick with it girl!!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh for Petes sake!
    What kind of "supervisor" is this?
    Seriously, do you have a hump on your back and resemble a camel?
    How is the heck could you be retaining 16 flippin' pounds of water?
    I can assure you some of that was water, but 16 pounds?
    I dont think so. I mean it seems if that was the case you would have
    some serious issues with pitting edema
    and you would need to be on some sort of sodium restrictions.

Besides, who the heck cares if it was water or not? I would be jumping up and down if I could say I lost 16 pounds of anything ! As long as your tummy feels leaner and you haven't lost a limb who cares where you lost it.
    The point remains YOU HAVE LOST 16 FLIPPIN POUNDS !!!!!! :bigsmile:
    Be proud of yourself and let this moronic statement motivate you even more.
    Good Luck and keep losing all that water!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Is it really that easy in the US? You don't like your doc, you get a new one? Here, finding a new doctor is an impossibility as there just aren't any doctors taking new patients. I can't imagine the luxury of actually being able to CHOOSE a doctor. I'd shop around until I found one I loved.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 16 pounds of water weight, then i've lost 25 pounds of water weight! Let's lose this water weight together! :bigsmile:

*kitten*. :grumble:
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    BS!!!! There is no way 16 lbs was all water weight. They say the first 5 lbs is water, the rest baby, you EARNED!!! Tell them to go jump in a lake and piss off.
  • moneyshot
    Options
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Is it really that easy in the US? You don't like your doc, you get a new one? Here, finding a new doctor is an impossibility as there just aren't any doctors taking new patients. I can't imagine the luxury of actually being able to CHOOSE a doctor. I'd shop around until I found one I loved.

Well, some insurance providers don't cover some doctors, so you're a little limited, but personally I found the perfect doc, then changed insurance and can still see him, no problem.

I had been going to the same doc since I was around 14. About a year and a half ago (I was 23) the assembly line style of the office and the handling of the patients just put me over the edge and I left. My new doctor is awesome. He's the only doctor in his office instead of like 9, so he can be hard to reach, but it's so much more personal.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I hate doctors. I really do. You are just a meal ticket to them and not a person worthy of respect and consideration, they think you're scum because you didn't go to med school. And these are the people we're supposed to trust with our health care....I hate it.

Ok..95% of doctors because I have met one (in my 39 years) that is not like that. But just the one.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! That 16 pounds of "water weight" came off because of your new healthier lifestyle! Whether the majority of it is water or not, it's gone, and you're 16 pounds lighter. It's all in how you look at it.

:drinker: Another wise post by Brenda Lee:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    My Back doc suggested I lose 10 lbs. I laughed thinking he was being sarcastic, he said, no I'm serious, 10 lbs. So that's what I do take it 10 lbs at a time. It's working quite well! I now have a goal instead of a larger number I rejoice at every 10 lbs and find it's far more do-able. He was able to suggest I concentrate on that (knowing full well, it would be noticeable and I would continue on, by motivation, lol I have great docs!!)
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yea i would look for a new doctor - i just went today i got GREAT JOB and Way to go
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    So if I gain 16 lbs and my doctor gets on my case should I just say "Oh, don't worry about it!" It is all water!

Yeah, time for you to find a doctor with better interpersonal skills! Great job on the FAT loss!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Sixteen pounds lost is great! Four pounds away from twenty, would they tell you twenty pounds is water?!

Doctors base everything on BMI scales. I personally find a lot of those numbers unrealistic.

You're doing great, don't get discouraged!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    So if I gain 16 lbs and my doctor gets on my case should I just say "Oh, don't worry about it!" It is all water!

Yeah, time for you to find a doctor with better interpersonal skills! Great job on the FAT loss!
    :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    People that say things like that just make me work even harder.........I refuse to let people make me feel bad....and you shouldn't either!.......Stick with it girl!!

You know...when I saw the post it DID make me think of you, about the 'use the haters for motivators' what a great motivator!:glasses:

You inspire me:flowerforyou:
  • Annie1126
    Options
    Know what they call student that finishes at the bottom of the class? Dr.! May need to check his GPA! All of us know that what he said is simply not true. I thought water weighs 8 lbs per gallon. 2 gallons is a heck of a lot of water. You sure must feel a lot better not sloshing that stuff around! I too would like to know if the Dr is overweight (or underweight, sometimes they have a problem with other people's progress too). Anyway, way to go, and keep up the good work! Find a Dr who can be supportive, and ignore anyone who trys to put a DAMPER on your success, are my suggestions. You Rock! :flowerforyou: