Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

Options
Does anyone use this program? I just did level 1 for the first time, thinking of doing it everyday...I am over 200 pounds and I started breathing really heavy but it was worth it!
If you have been using it, have you noticed any results? Thanks!

Replies

• Rednidi3
    Rednidi3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) I bought it a few months ago and started, but lasted like a week. It is definatley effective, just gotta stick with it. I want to try again. We can do it!!! :D
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow and will do it daily. I have done it a couple time and really liked it.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    It worked wonders for me!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just finished it and it did wonders for me. Mostly toned, and changed the shape of my body, more then pounds lost. But its a great workout!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've started in the past and am going to try it again (and get further than 10 days before work interferes...)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did it in September. I was used to working out at the gym before I did the 30day but that video made me feel like I had never worked out a day in my life. I didn't lose any weight doing it, however I lost 1/2 inch around my waist. I definately think it was worth it because I felt like I was more toned and after the 30 days I had more endurance. If you feel like giving up after the first few days, dont, keep with it. You will notice some changes for sure.
  • ellie172011
    ellie172011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started it for the second time, lost 10 pounds using it about 5 days a week, it's nice to feel a six pack(kinda) deep under the bulge.
  • rubypoh
    rubypoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My cousin is going to lend it to me this week. I plan to start it ASAP. I would love to hear about your experiences and share mine with you as well.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I decided to start it tonight instead of tomorrow...burned 174 calories according to my HRM. Glad I started it today!! :happy:
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just started this tonight! I actually really enjoyed it. I am at 184 now so I was breathing heavy too but I totally feel awesome after the work out. I'm sure I will feel it more in the morning but the way JM teaches it is really great. I am using the YouTube videos instead of buying them. I burned 123 calories according to JM math.

Also anyone can add me if they want to do this together. It's always more fun with more people. :heart:
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I am just looking right now for home exercise DVDs, so I might check this out on YT tonight. yay !
  • RunionX4
    Options
    Hmmm I am just looking right now for home exercise DVDs, so I might check this out on YT tonight. yay !

YouTube has a "Be Fit" channel too with all kinds of work outs.....even 10 minute cardio and yoga. Also check out the Biggest Loser's Boot Camp DVD. I have it and loved it when I did it in the past. Bob is the trainer in that one. I am thinking about doing 30 day one day and the next boot camp.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

YouTube has a "Be Fit" channel too with all kinds of work outs.....even 10 minute cardio and yoga

hey thanks ! I will look this up as well. Do I need to purchase hand weights or anything??
  • RunionX4
    Options

YouTube has a "Be Fit" channel too with all kinds of work outs.....even 10 minute cardio and yoga

hey thanks ! I will look this up as well. Do I need to purchase hand weights or anything??

Yeah you might want to pick up some 2 or 3 lbs dumb bells to start with. I have the 2 lbs and it burned my arms. I figure I'll move up eventually but starting out with the lower for now
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just finished level one. Am starting level two tomorrow. I did this program last year when I first joined MFP. I had great result then and hoping for the same this time around.

ETA---I do 30 DS Mon-Fri. I try to incorporate 30-45 minutes of treadmill Mon-Fri when possible.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting level 3! I haven't really lost weight with it, but the inches are coming off :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 3. And yes, I have DEFINITELY seen results. :) I can now see my toes without bending over thanks to 30DS. Look up threads, there are lots of pictures of successful people ^_^ Good luck, and just keep at it!!!!! It's soooo worth it!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    I'm starting the program tomorrow...planning to do it about 3-4 times a week along with other workouts...I've started it before, but never finished it completed...it's a good workout...I do recommend it to all..don't matter what weight...
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just started this 4 days ago. I love it so far:) i use 6 lb weights on most of it. Loli need a 3 pound weight on the side lunge though. That one kills me
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    DO IT! I credit this with helping me lose a lot of weight - fast. I am down 72 lbs mostly because of Jillian Michaels six days a week. Did the 30 Day Shred first, then progressed to her other DVDs which are about an hour each. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is the biggest calorie burner and my go-to workout at least 4 days a week. But the 30 day Shred started it all for me!