Adding spinach?

Options
XoCynthiaXo
XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
Just want to start sneaking greener veggies into my meals. I can eat spinach but the taste gets old quick if i eat it alone so anyone know any recipes you can add spinach?

Replies

• SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I add spinach to my morning smoothie. Can't even taste it :) That's the only way I'll get any in my diet.

Light yogurt (single serve size, frozen) any flavor
    Silk fruit and protien- peach mango
    1/2 banana
    5 frozen strawberries
    1 Big handful spinach

I do not use ice because I like the texture better without. You can also add in protien powder or any other supplements you may use.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Because I don't eat grain in my diet, I make homemade spaghetti sauce with meat, and pour it over spinach! It is really good!
  • tiarenee76
    tiarenee76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    add spinach to scrambled eggs, either put the cooked eggs on the spinach and toss around or saute the spinach for a few minutes then add and cook the eggs.
    add spinach to any sandwich or wrap
    add juiced spinach to any fruit juice (only if you have a juicer)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just want to start sneaking greener veggies into my meals. I can eat spinach but the taste gets old quick if i eat it alone so anyone know any recipes you can add spinach?

I have some spinach that was going to go bad, so I've ben throwing a handful (about a cup) into each meal. When it cooks down it is next to nothing, but you are getting it in there.

Tonight: Garlic lemon shrimp tossed with quinoa and spinach
    Last night: egg whites with sauteed mushrooms and spinach over a (whole wheat) english muffin with cheese and hummus.

Delish!

Good luck
  • joyceellison
    joyceellison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i add mine to cabbage
  • Lisa_D1989
    Lisa_D1989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to add spinach to practically eveything. I put it into currys, on top of home made pizza , in sweet potato mash, sauteed with onions, in sandwiches instead of lettuce, in pasta sauce, mixed into a cauliflower bake.
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I put baby spinach in everything. I scramble eggs and toss in a handful of spinach and saute it. I use it instead of lettuce on sandwiches and salads. I chop it up and add it to soups and pasta. I make spinach quesadillas. Mac and Cheese? Add spinach. Potato soup? Add spinach.