Day 2

Options
Hello Everyone, Today is my second day in here. Thanks to my daughter (who is also on here and doing excellent) I have been convinced to give weight loss a serious try. It is kind of stupid because I am a woman's health care provider, so I KNOW what needs to be done to regain health. It's just a lot easier said than done. I have managed to lose 51#s slowly over the past two years, but I still need to lose another 79#. I have diabetis which is not well controlled, even on insulin. So I have no choice but to make this work. I remember 12 years ago when I quit smoking - it took a health scare to get me to quit that habit. Now another health concern added to my sincere desire to feel well and healhty again has led me here for help. I am 64 years old and have 79# to lose, I have diabetis and I also have serious arthritis in my left hip. Right hip has already been replaced. So exercising is difficult. If you have anything in common with me and would like to be a supportive friend I'd love to add you to my friend list. Thanks for reading this

Replies

• jjmeyers2010
    jjmeyers2010 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    so proud of you momma.... I am 2wks new to this group and have a started meating really great people...and I know you will to. I love you momma........ see you when we go to the pool tomorrow. :)
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Way to go for taking the steps you need to make a change in your life.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have been here since feb 2011, and it is quite a journey..happy, sad, pi$$ed off, sometime you wanna give up, but this is a wonderful tool..im thankful to have it..good luck on your new journey :flowerforyou: