Newly single... and I'm an emotional eater! Oh noes!

Options
Ok, so the man who made me feel like a real woman, someone who made me believe in myself, loved me for me even if I couldn't love myself, has broken my heart *the jerk*. He was my cheerleader and had adopted MY healthy lifestyle and would motivate me and support me through all the challenges I've had over the past year.

I told myself I wasn't going to go back to my old ways, but I came to the realisation today that I am. This has to stop and I find it so hard because the people around me don't realise just how hard it is to stay on track without being tempted by their part. I have candida, an overproduction of yeast in my body, I don't believe in popping pills for every single last problem, because it's the reason why I have a week immune system. My current diet is supposed to be gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free. I guess I'm looking for some help from MFP :)

Besides, I'd like to show him how good I can be by reaching my goal and being able to flaunt my body!! ;)

Replies

• baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That really sucks!! But his loss. I'm sure it will take some time to get back to feeling normal, just try to make good decisions in small steps. You can do it!! :)
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    It is his loss!! Lol thanks for the lind words and step by step os probably the best way to go :-) its just that after eating crap for 2 week my candida symptoms have returned with a slight vengeance and I have no choice but to start over!
  • baker150
    Options
    Well it will be tough, but at least it's only 2 weeks to make up for! By the way, it will be awesome when you run into your ex after losing weight... That happened to me just last weekend and he couldn't believe it... Plus he had put on all the weight I've lost! ;D
  • spricia
    spricia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First of all, there is nothing at all wrong with being single. Say it as a montra and believe it. I am in the happiest time of my life because I am the only one responsible for me. I can do what I like when I want to, and I can change my mind and not have to explain to myself why.

My husband left several years ago and I was devasted. My ego was flattened and I cried all of the time. After about 6 months, however, I wondered why in the world I thought that I needed him at all. Time healed the wounds, but my actions got me there. With each small thing that I accomplished on my own, my ego pumped up a bit. The more I concentrated on me, the more I accomplished.

So, do the small things all by yourself. Then pat yourself on the back and then go for a celebratory walk. Look within and know that you can do everything that you want/need to do. Know that you are so important and so valuable and so loved. Realize this. Revel in it. Do this by loving yourself, because you are so lovable.

Do this for yourself, not for revenge or not to show him that you can (because these are not good motivators). Do this for yourself because you deserve to do the best for yourself (which is the best motivator).
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    all of you are inspiring!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry girl! I got my heart broken by a guy that was always really encouraging to me as well. However, when he left me, I decided to kick it into high gear. Part of the reason was to make myself look even better so he'd miss me, which wasn't the most healthy motivation. The other part was to spend time focusing on myself and loving myself. It's cool to see what you can do on your own and give yourself 100% credit for it. You are STRONG. You can do it.
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    Aww... I'm so sorry. That's a horrible feeling. (heartbreak)

Add me as a friend, I'll encourage you to stay on track and stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Plus he had put on all the weight I've lost! ;D

Haha, that's awesome. That's my secret evil fantasy :devil:
  • baker150
    Options
    Muhuhuhahaha >=D
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me two months ago! He was my biggest fan and always supported me, but now that he's gone, I am my biggest cheerleader! It feels amazing to be taking good care of myself, and you're right, it's HIS loss! You will find someone who does what he did for you x 10! I wasn't eating very much though..so I've lost about 10 pounds since he left..but I'm eating now and am feeling happy! It took a little bit for me to get over the bout of depression, and I still get sad sometimes, but I'm here if you need support! I'm still healing too :)
  • pink_nails
    Options
    If nothing else works just think about this: imagine meeting him on the street at some point (and i'm guessing you are bound to run into him at some point). Imagine how great it would be to look so damn amazing so that son of a b... can see what he's missing. Imagine how amazing it would feel. And then imagine different scenario - running into him after days and days of eating. How terrible it would be to show him that he 'ruined' you. Don't give him this satisfaction. You are better than this.
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    Thanks for the shoutouts!!
    I woke up feeling like crap this morning due to a flare up... I'd rather go back to my healthy & restrictive lifestyle than to feel the way I feel today. Hot water & lemon is on the menu for the entire day!! And y'all are all right, I am doing this for me, and not for anyone else. It would feel just amazing to run into him once i've lost more weight :)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It is his loss!! Lol thanks for the lind words and step by step os probably the best way to go :-)

Would love to be able to have your attitude, even though I know its what I should think about my ex, still can't and it's been nearly a year!!

But you're clearly doing really great with or without him, If I can follow your attitude might get somewhere one day!
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Strive for progress not perfection. Just keep on trucking and take it one step, one meal, one snack, one choice at a time. <3
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    First of all, there is nothing at all wrong with being single. Say it as a montra and believe it. I am in the happiest time of my life because I am the only one responsible for me. I can do what I like when I want to, and I can change my mind and not have to explain to myself why.

gonna put this on my mirror

my own would be " you are alone enough" you can do this by yourself and think of how accomplished you will feel because you DID IT! The achievement will be ALL yours ..
  • spricia
    spricia Posts: 29 Member
    Options

gonna put this on my mirror

my own would be " you are alone enough" you can do this by yourself and think of how accomplished you will feel because you DID IT! The achievement will be ALL yours ..

Yes, we alone get all the credit for what we achieve. Of course it is nice to have support, an encouraging partner or friends, or buddies on MFP -- and that certainly helps, but it doesn't get results unless we actually do it. In the end, we alone are the ones responsible, accountable and successful for what we do (or don't do), whether we have support or not. The achievement is ALL ours!

You can do it!