Michael Pollan on Oprah today

Options
Michael Pollan (food expert, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma and others) is the guest on Oprah today. A very important (in my opinion) show about how food is produced these days.

Edit: Oh, I guess the original air date was back in January (I'm normally not home during the day so I don't watch Oprah often). I did a search of the board here though and didn't see mention of the episode. Check it out if you have a chance.

Replies

• valligator
    valligator Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love Michael Pollan and I thought it was a very informative episode. I don't always eat the way I want to, but at least I'm making informed decisions. :)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I've read Michael Pollan's "Food Rules". Great book. I will have to search for this episode online.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Michael Pollan (food expert, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma and others) is the guest on Oprah today. A very important (in my opinion) show about how food is produced these days.

Edit: Oh, I guess the original air date was back in January (I'm normally not home during the day so I don't watch Oprah often). I did a search of the board here though and didn't see mention of the episode. Check it out if you have a chance.
    Thanks for the heads up, smart guy with great ideas! Putting his films in my Netflix now:drinker:
  • realbellamara
    realbellamara Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I caught the show today also and am now looking for vegetarian recipes and more literature about it and eating as organic as possible. If one can find grass fed meat and poultry that is great. my nutritionist is a vegetarian and tried to convince me to become one or at least have 2 meals excluding animal protein per day. I am constantly battlign with my weight yo-yoing all the time.
    I followed her tips and led a low animal protein diet for 2 weeks and dropped weight easily and effortlessly.
    Since then the weight has come back because I have gone back to eating animal protein and overindulging in everything.
    Will really try to change it this time around. Or limit the amount of animal protein i eat.