31 yo female, need to lose 100 pounds =-O

Options
Hey guys! My name is Diana. I a a 31 yo mother of 4 and have been with my husband for 14 years. When I met him and BEFORE marriage and children, I was 100+ pounds lighter and looked and felt so great. I am been "working on my weight" for so many years now, I could have lost the weight 10 times. Instead, I sit here at my heaviest I have ever been and feel like crap. It is putting a huge toll on my marriage as well as my happiness in general. I HAVE to do this! I have a few friends on here but I dont feel like any of them are anywhere near where I am. I would love to make some new friends on here, especially those who have 100+ pounds to lose, and would love to be there for each other for support. It sucks that my husband was able to lose 70+ pounds on his own and that wasnt enough to motivate me. =( I have a very bad relationship with food and am trying to change that!

Could use all the support I can get. Glad to be here. =-)

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• shelley2shane
    shelley2shane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just friended you girl, I am 32 and married with about the same amount to lose as you. I also was 100lbs. lighter when I got married but had complications getting pregnant and got very sick during my pregnancy so I gained a TON!!! It's alot harder to get off then I thought, but love the support from this site. Hope we can encourage eachother :)
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Diana. I a a 31 yo mother of 4 and have been with my husband for 14 years. When I met him and BEFORE marriage and children, I was 100+ pounds lighter and looked and felt so great. I am been "working on my weight" for so many years now, I could have lost the weight 10 times. Instead, I sit here at my heaviest I have ever been and feel like crap. It is putting a huge toll on my marriage as well as my happiness in general. I HAVE to do this! I have a few friends on here but I dont feel like any of them are anywhere near where I am. I would love to make some new friends on here, especially those who have 100+ pounds to lose, and would love to be there for each other for support. It sucks that my husband was able to lose 70+ pounds on his own and that wasnt enough to motivate me. =( I have a very bad relationship with food and am trying to change that!

Could use all the support I can get. Glad to be here. =-)

Feel free to add me!

Feel free to friend me I am 48 yrs. old and started MFP in March of 2012. I had 104 lbs. to lose and now I only have 45 lbs. left. It has taken me only 7 months to lose almost 60lbs.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Began with 101 lbs to lose and have lost 72 lbs pretty quickly through diet and tons of exercise--and logging every single bite I take into MFP. I'm 35 and a wife and mother as well. 29 more lbs to my goal. Would love to have encouragement getting there, and to offer the same for you as you begin your journey. I don't have all the answers, but am happy t share what has worked for me so far.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana! Feel free to add me as well.

Do you have a strategy yet for the weight you want to lose? If not, I suggest reading up on keto :) Just a friendly suggestion. There is a great community for that here if you want to learn more: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • Zogg6684
    Options
    This is a great site with lots of support and lots of good tools to help you, I know you can do it. Just kick it's butt.
  • DiLyCoSa
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • Miss_Cheeky
    Miss_Cheeky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also at the beginning of my 100+ pound weight loss journey! Let's do this!
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request love! I'm 28 with about 150lbs to lose ;-)
  • Rwadhawan
    Options
    I have to lose less than that, but we could both motivate each other. YOu have to visualize it and you will get there. See it, feel it.... know that you are on your way to getting there... once you get that ball rolling it will become easier. We start feeling prettier, sexier... it's almost like magic even if nothing has yet changed much on the outside... your inside pride and energy will start making the rest of the changes. Smile, it' s gonna happen... I know it.... :)
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    You can do this!! Get a good group of supportive friends and together we can do it!!
  • BBarber1210
    Options
    With a great support syetem, you can do it!!! I recently joined a gym. Do not feel embarrassed to join, it will be plenty motivation. Good luck.:smile:
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    Hi! I am also a 31yo mother and i am working on loosing around 100lbs. I sent you a friend request, maybe we can offer each other some support. :flowerforyou:
  • jennfu
    Options
    I am in a very similar way, I need to lose about 100 lbs too and am always looking for more support and encouraging other people is kind of helpful in keeping yourself on track. I would be glad to help you and connect via MFP. Hope you're doing well and have a good one! :)
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Iam 24 years old Im not a mother yet but I also need to lose 100lbs. Anyone can add me. Support is welcomed =)
  • cjmclaws
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Turning 31 this summer and have 100+ pounds to shed. The support on here is great and has definitely helped me as I've started this process. We can be friends and cheer each other on, if you'd like! :)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I have about 70 lbs to lose and too have a unhealthy relationship with food. Already in 5 weeks, I am learning what I can and cannot eat. It is definitely a learning process!

I am a mother of 3 (although they are most likely much older than your kiddos) and know that the unhealthy eating habits has been passed on to them. It is time I start leading by example.

You can do this! Set small goals, but keep the long term goal in sight. Everyday, get up and think that today is a new day (whether the day before was a good day or a bad day). Then log everything you eat and all the exercise you get into the tool. You will begin to start noticing the changes!

I look forward to watching your journey and transformation!
  • TinaL99
    TinaL99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I could have written this post except I'm 32 and have 2 kids ;) Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me!
  • JSDCrimson
    JSDCrimson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 29 and have lots to lose too!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't have to lose much weight, but I had been struggling to shed a single pound for so long, even with healthy eating and excercise. It's soooooo important to track every single thing you eat. If you stay within the calorie guidelines, you'll be amazed at how the weight starts dropping off! I'm a foodie and I love food, too. I was a fat kid, fat teenager, and my whole family struggles with obesity. I'm constantly having to remind myself that the few minutes of bliss that I get from delicious food is not worth the shame I feel for it afterwards, nor the toll it takes on my body. Do it for YOU! Like my "personal trainer", Jillian Michaels always says, "You're worth it, and you deserve it!"
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I'm 27 and need to lose about 100 pounds myself ! Welcome..