Going for a Curry

Options
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but nevermind :smile:

I'm going out for a curry tomorrow night, and I wondered if anyone knows of a curry I could have thats not TOO high in sat fat.
Another problem is that I love Naan, but I know thats like the most fattening thing I could possibly have haha, so I may only have a little.

But yes, back to the original question, I am a vegetarian (though I do eat fish, cheese etc). I don't really like extremely spicy things, but the only two curries I've ever had have been korma (probably the most calorific) and bhuna.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    Options
    hi ... not sure about curry in the restaurant but I love a homemade egg curry ...when in restaurants I almost always have matter paneer , just love it...try that, that is if you like green peas ... :) good luck and enjoy your dinner!
  • AProkop
    AProkop Posts: 7
    Options
    Is your heart set on curry? You could try a tandoori instead. It is usually marinated in a yogurt sauce and grilled with veggies. I am sure they would have seafood or a vegetable entree. If your heart is set on curry, ask the staff at the restaurant. They should be able to steer you in the right direction.:happy:

I was struggling with a very similar question earlier because I love indian food but a lot of curries are made with coconut milk. I have made my own Vindaloo and made it with reduced fat coconut milk and it turned out really good. There is a cook book called "600 Curries" and it is great for introducing you to cooking indian food and you could make your own low fat modifications.
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bhuna's my fave too, and not that bad for you babe. Just switch the naan to a chapati!
  • HEasom
    HEasom Posts: 16
    Options
    hi

i think most indian places (the ones i go to do) have lots of healthy-ish side dishes like sag aloo, sag paneer and things with aubergine or orka in them. normally in a tomato based sauce as well so i think they could be worth trying. when i go i tend to have a side dish instead of rice and have a little bit of naan as they are irresistible!!! stay away from the korma tho. unfortunately tho they tend to put a lot of potato in the vegetarian dishes.

enjoy it. i want an indian now! :)
  • rosysilhouette
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! :happy: