Semi New

Options
I've had issues with my weight since the day I was born, honestly. Once again doing it, praying this be the last time I have to start over. Falling off the wagon is very emotionally taxing. Lately I've felt inadequate in everything I do, being at home all day every day with my 19 month old son. I love being a mother, but I miss interaction with people. And I've started to turn to food once again for comfort. I'd like to be healthy and happy, I do not wish to have future health problems that most of my aging family are encountering. I'd like to have friends for support.

I'm 24..after I had my son I topped out at 253, and now I'm 195. I would love to be 160, I personally have never seen a number that low on any scale during my teen/adult life.

Replies

• SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Being on here will give you interaction! Do you have a local Y or some other gym or organization where you could exercise while they provided day care? Might be a way to get out and lose weight at the same time. When my son was little I was broke so we just mall walked (no shopping).

Good luck!!
  • mmfit4fun
    Options
    Oh hey. This site will help you heaps with staying on track. Everyone is really nice.

I saw a quote the other day that really rang true for me and thought you might appreciate it too:

"If you find it hard to keep starting, stop quitting".

Good luck. :-)
  • paulajune87
    paulajune87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site! I have been using the app that correlates with the website for a little over a month now and have already lost 17 lbs (maybe more, I haven't weighed in a few days.) Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other on our journey!
  • mrganrshort
    mrganrshort Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP. I have only been on here a week and have already seen results. I know exactly how it feels to be up and down with your weight and I currently weigh 211 pounds. I am here for support/looking for support so feel free to add me (: