SLOW COOKER BEEF ROAST---MY FAVORITE

Options
itskim08
itskim08 Posts: 22
1 good cut beef roast
1 jar mild banana peppers (in pickle aisle)
1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix, such as Good Seasons brand

Pour entire jar of banana peppers with juice into slow cooker. Pour in pkg Italian dressing mix. Simply blend until all dry ingredients are wet : ) Add roast. DO NOT ADD ANY WATER. Spoon some of the liquid atop the roast. Cook on low for 8-12 hours. One of my family's favorite meals and especially easy to come home to on a work night. I also suggest as a side maybe Bird's Eye Steam Fresh broccoli with cheese (lightly sauced) and/or a small sweet potato, each of which can be quickly and easily prepared in the microwave!! Enjoy!!

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    this sounds yummy!!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    that sounds wonderful!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    mmm! Beef roast sounds good right now.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    My mouth is watering! I must try this!!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Sounds absolutely delicious. I think this may be dinner for tomorrow. Thanks.:wink:
  • itskim08
    Options
    Funny thing is...my two year old is not so much of a picky eater but just has days where she will eat less or more than other days. The first time I made this for lunch...then when supper time came that evening she said, "I want some more that meat mama!" Was so glad....especially since I'm sure she's soon to turn into a chicken nugget...her meat of choice!
  • willywonka
    Options
    too cute!! ok so you use all the juice from the banana peppers, right?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i can't wait to try this!
  • itskim08
    Options
    yes...all the juice from the banana peppers. Just dump the whole entire jar into slow cooker. That's the only liquid you will need.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    How much sodium do the banana peppers have? I don't usually buy them, so I have no idea on this, and I'm watching my sodium.

It sounds super easy and yummy!
  • willywonka
    Options
    Does anyone know what the leanest roast is that you can get and put in the crockpot along with nutritional info?
    I really want to make this!!
  • willywonka
    Options
    ooh this is in my crockpot for dinner, can't wait to try it
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    How much sodium do the banana peppers have? I don't usually buy them, so I have no idea on this, and I'm watching my sodium.

It sounds super easy and yummy!

We use the Mt Olive brand of Banana Peppers in my house... For 20 pepper rings it's 10 calories and 260 mg.
  • willywonka
    Options
    This was the BEST beef roast that I have ever had. The banana peppers and juice gave it a wonderful flavor.
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to giv this a try. Thanks.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Made this today and it is REALLY incredibly yummy. I think next time I may try using only 1/2 the packet of Italian dressing mix - just to reduce the sodium content.
    I sliced red cabbage really fine and put it in the crockpot for the last hour and a half of cooking time... excellent! Served with 1/2 a baked potato - it made a great meal.
    Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump for later... thanks!
  • lady00k
    lady00k Posts: 7
    Options
    please bumb for later. thanks
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    this recipe is the best roast i have ever had....I will make it more often now!!!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ooh that sounds really good!