Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

scales

crapattack
crapattack Posts: 13
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
why do weight watchers scales have a 330lb cutoff point? you'd think that, being an organization that caters to overweight people, they'd realize that that is not the maximum weight for someone. i have no idea how much i weigh because it gives me an error message, it's really embarrassing ._.

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure you could purchase a scale that is not digital that would be better for someone over 330. But, look on the bright side. Once you get lower than 330 that will be an extra reward...you'll be able to see it digitally as well! Keep your chin up. It will be worth it.
  • Aartichokie
    Aartichokie Posts: 60 Member
    Focus on your calorie and exercise goals and don't worry about what the scale. A scale only gives numbers, it does not tell how healthy a person is or what they look like inside or out. Focus on making lifestyle changes...small ones and one at a time.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    A lot of scales are like that. My dad would get really down when we first bought a scale and he was probably halfway around past the last number. :\ I liked what bksteve26 said. Have that be your first goal. Once you can see your number, reward yourself big time!
  • embarrassed?? dont be!!! you are here and that is something to be proud of!! wether you are 120lbs or 520lbs we all need support and no here is ever going to judge you!!

i agree with cagirl, forget the scale right. you will FEEL a difference!! i am on day 11 with this site and following calories and yesterday (although you wouldnt notice with you eyes) my pants were not as tight!!! it was such a good feeling!!!!! just keep on track here, do your best and you will be able to use whatever scale you want in no time!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I weigh myself and watch for weight loss, but I really love watching the tape measure. As my waist and hips gradually get smaller, I feel a little healthier. That is my suggestion: measure yourself about once a week. Hugs, from bjberry.
  • thank you everyone! and i am thinking of something to do for when that error message finally goes away... hmmmm
  • NaomiLyn
    NaomiLyn Posts: 16
    Don't worry about the scale. I think it is more telling to pay attention to measurements anyway. So, just keep measuring yourself until you can see the numbers on the scale. Don't be discouraged, you are starting at the right place. Now, just keep pushing forward. You can do it.
This discussion has been closed.