New to the site

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Karen. I'm 23 and I live in Maryland. I was recently told my my doctor that my health is at risk if I don't take control of my weight. That was a wake up call for me. So I found this wonderful site and I hope to make friends while I lose weight. I'm excited about meeting new people and hearing your stories. It is really motivating.

Hope to hear from you guys and I hope everyone's goals are realized.

Replies

• RENCHAN
    RENCHAN Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Karen. I'm 23 and I live in Maryland. I was recently told my my doctor that my health is at risk if I don't take control of my weight. That was a wake up call for me. So I found this wonderful site and I hope to make friends while I lose weight. I'm excited about meeting new people and hearing your stories. It is really motivating.

Hope to hear from you guys and I hope everyone's goals are realized.
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen!:flowerforyou:

you will find this site is very good and is of great benefit, the people on here are an amazing bunch and very helpful and kind
    i do suggest you read some of the posts on other boards for new people, such as yourself. (i'm sorry but i don't know the links)

i wish you all the best in your journey to a healthier life:flowerforyou:

Lauren.
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Karen!

Welcome to the site. I know you're gonna love it--I do!

Lauren is right; you should read some of the old posts. I'll try to find them and "bump" them to the top. There is so much good information in them.

Bumping is replying to a post so that it comes to the top of the message board. Like Lauren, I don't know how to give you the links. Get me outside of a very narrow parameter, and I'm lost on a computer! lol

Best of luck to you, and we're here for you!

Judy