Stability Ball Workout

Options
I recently bought myself a stability ball. I can't see that these workouts are making any difference over the strength training and cardio I have already been doing. :ohwell: Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Ideas?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Girl, try crunches lying on your back on top of the ball. Talk about pain in your abs!!!
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    Unfortunately the dvd that comes with the balls don't show even a fraction of what you can do with them. By going to a trainer I have learned a lot of crazy, fun effective things to use it for. I wouldn't know where to begin, or when to stop to list what I do with it here. I'd have to take some time to look, but I remember awhile ago googling stability ball and also found some sites showing different things you can use it for.
    Just a couple quick ideas, crunches are great, or put it behind your back while doing a wall squat and while staying in that position you can do bicep curls or take turns lifting each leg. Lay on your back with the ball between your ankles and do leg lifts. Have your feet up on the ball in a pike position and do elevated push ups. If I come accrss the site in the next few days I'll pass it on.
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    With a stability ball it's all about how many repetitions you do or the number of ways you use that group of muscles. Here's a workout I found on youtube a while ago that I like, that I think works pretty well.

Give it a try, or search youtube. There's like a million of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=it8Bn0MVJ4M&playnext_from=TL&videos=zvmG4xUpcYA&playnext=1
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Okay I just put MORE air in my ball and am giving it another week.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    With a stability ball it's all about how many repetitions you do or the number of ways you use that group of muscles. Here's a workout I found on youtube a while ago that I like, that I think works pretty well.

Give it a try, or search youtube. There's like a million of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=it8Bn0MVJ4M&playnext_from=TL&videos=zvmG4xUpcYA&playnext=1
    Great link from Spark, you're right lots of ideas here and she's easy to understand:drinker:

Thanks!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    :happy: Thanks to Netflix, I finally found a stability ball workout DVD to do that is making a difference: The Method* Target Specifics Stability Ball

23t2l1y.jpg

I don't feel much when I am actually doing the 10 minutes of abs, but could SURE feel it in my torso this morning, both front and back. I never understood before how much this kind of workout effects posture or why a stability ball activates your core. This DVD has a full body workout, not just for abs.

I'm interested to see what my measurements will be after 3 weeks of every other day workouts. Its already made a difference in my posture after only 2 workouts. Size 10, here I come! :glasses:
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    i LOVE mine! ... i just got it on Friday from eBay ( for $7!) it's the same "Professional" GoFit stability ball seen in this excellent video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNmuF7l0iuY <--- watch this clip!!!
    Unfortunately at this price it came without the exercise chart or DVD that would have been included... so I've had to do a bit of research on the 'net and our local library where there are LOADS of wonderful routines available ... [btw,I concur with comments above and recommend getting a decent floor pump to fully inflate it- this makes a HUGE difference!]

here's a few resources well worth looking at....

"PowerSculpt for men : the complete body sculpting & weight training workout using the exercise ball" by Paul Frediani
    is a book/DVD set - excellent! ...and also doesn't seem very gender specific to me -- it features a woman working out in the video along with the author and another man, so this is probably just a case of 'marketing'... there's another one in the series for women,too but I haven't seen it...

also

"Swiss ball : for strength, tone, and posture" by Maureen Flett (book)

would love to hear more tips and suggestions for further books, DVDs, training tips and/or _your_ favourite exercises....