Does anyone else get this......

Options
I have lost altogether nearly 4 stone, but I noticed on Friday that I have a lump under my skin on my left hand side it is in between my hip and ribs. Is this likely to just be a fatty lump that I just haven't noticed before because I was too big to feel it? Any suggestions would be great. My side was hurting when I went swimming on Friday but I think that is because I over did it. Thanks

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I think the only person that can answer that is your doctor.
  • mazzer16
    Options
    you should go see your doctor...
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Doctor. ASAP
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Definitely would check this out with your doctor. Always better safe than sorry!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Agreed with everyone above. Never take chances when it comes to your health! I'm praying all is well.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Doctor is always the safest route.

Anyways I have some small lumps near the skin in about 3 places myself. I've had one removed to check. Basically my doctor explained that if you get something stuck in you like a bee stinger or splinter your body forms what is basically a pearl around it and it just sort of stays there. Mine is definitely hard and not squishy or anything though...
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I think I will, just asked someone at work as well and they said I should see the doctor after they felt it. I just hate doctors!!!
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It can well be just a "fatty lump" or something else very benign, but there's always the small chance of it being something more serious. No fun going to doc's, but it's better than leaving it, worrying over it and not finding out.
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Absolutely go to the doctor and, unless she is absolutely sure what it is, have it biopsied. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hope it will turn out fine :flowerforyou:
  • rosie73becs
    Options
    Go and see drASAP, don,t be put off, i work in oncology department and here so many times that people have ignored lumps and pains, better to get it checked out sooner rather than later,hope everything works out.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Doctor is always the safest route.

Anyways I have some small lumps near the skin in about 3 places myself. I've had one removed to check. Basically my doctor explained that if you get something stuck in you like a bee stinger or splinter your body forms what is basically a pearl around it and it just sort of stays there. Mine is definitely hard and not squishy or anything though...
    Could also be a calcium deposit. Known a few people who had lumps checked out and later had them removed as they were painful.

Your Doctor is the only one that can answer the question in OP.