protein powder to coffee?

Options
elisa123gal
elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
Does anyone add protein powder to your coffee? If you do..how is it and what brand do you use. Thanks

Replies

• Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Yes! I mix half a scoop of Myofusion cinnamon roll with 1/2 cup of almond milk and mix it with my coffee using the bullet. It's yummy!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    nope. personally my stomach wouldn't like them together. but that's just me.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yes! I mix half a scoop of Myofusion cinnamon roll with 1/2 cup of almond milk and mix it with my coffee using the bullet. It's yummy!

OMG that sounds awesome...off to get some cinnamon roll protien power
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I mix my cookies and cream protein powder, iced coffee, and half and half and serve over ice. PURE HEAVEN!
  • Tdaughtersmom
    Tdaughtersmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No, but I add coffee to my protein powder. I use a Starbucks via in two scoops of valilla wheybolic 60 from GNC. I use it with either hood calorie countdown, skim milk or almond unsweetened vanilla. Either way, it is delicious!
  • cbilliter
    cbilliter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes. I use Champion Whey Stack Protein-chocolate. Makes a nice mocha coffee. I drink it every am.
  • FitnessLover27
    Options
    Since I figured out this combination of protein + coffee, it's been my staple everyday since I take a coffee to work in a thermos. I usually add a few tablespoons of mine to the hot coffee, along with my creamer. My favorite kind is by All Pro Science, the Complete Grass Fed whey protein. (the vanilla or chocolate flavor is good)
  • mhaight85
    Options
    I've used cooled drip coffee to make my Body By Vi shakes, very tasty. It stirs into warm drinks too, my friend adds the Body By Vi to her kids hot cocoa just to give them extra nutrition. So I bet it work in coffee, I think I'll try that in the morning!
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    I've done it before with chocolate flavored Body Fortress and it tasted great. It was like a lil mocha :-)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My thought is that the protein would counteract any insulin spike caused by the caffeine.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    must use a blender!

I've yet to find a protein powder that mixes nicely into hot coffee without using my magic bullet! I use coffee as the base for my protein shakes most mornings though :)

must go find this cinnamon roll one though, sounds delish!
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    I'm gonna try this :happy:
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    officially trying this...well once I get through my current strawberry protein, I don't think that would be good with coffee
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, one scoop chocolate with 4 oz skim milk - shake well, then add to 12oz coffee. Very good!! (GNC Pro Performance AMP, but I'm not married to it...)
  • kimmybhave
    Options
    For a Mocha Frap I use one scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 cup of non-fat milk, 2 spoonfuls of instant coffee and ice in blender. I also add no sugar flavorings sometimes like salted carmel or hazelnut. It's amazing!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I dont mix my protein with coffee as anything milk in my coffee is wrong on every level. But I have mixed it in with other things and I found a protein that is fruit flavored that I mix with my juice - works best with OJ.

Have to hunt down this cinnamon roll protein - would be great mixed into a lot of things. Im imagining it in with my oatmeal since I already put cinnamon in it the extra protein would be awesome
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Coffee + protein sounds amazing. I have mocha cappuccino ON whey- that'd probably work awesome in coffee.... Question though- does it mix if you just put it in the coffee and stir it? Or do you need a blender or something of the sort?
  • JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes, one scoop chocolate with 4 oz skim milk - shake well, then add to 12oz coffee. Very good!! (GNC Pro Performance AMP, but I'm not married to it...)

sounds yummy! thanks
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    BUMP
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I've actually thought about doing this....I was afraid my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it. Plus I can be kind of a coffee snob, that first cup in the morning has to be perfect :drinker: But I maybe I should give this a try!