replacement for single cream in soup

Options
Perixi
Perixi Posts: 116 Member
Any ideas? This recipe calls for 150mls which seems like loads would half cream half greek yogurt work? or should i just use the cream? Just wanted to make the soup healthier!

Replies

• kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    why not try half fat creme fraiche? its still tasty x
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The yogurt will probably work, however it will change the flavor a bit since yogurt has that "bite" to it. What about just reducing the amount of cream or even eliminating it?
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You could thin the cream with skim milk.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I will often use a mixture of 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 skim milk, thickened with "Wondra" flour (it is finely sifted). Not sure what your soup is, but this works in most soups and/or sauces!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    soya cream? is lower cal and not as sweet, i quite like it for cooking with.
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oooh thanks for the ideas, Its creamy parsnip, leek and lemon soup. will give it a try tonight and see how i go. Thanks
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Soup sounds sooo good today!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The parsnip soup I make has no cream and it still 'creamy' due to the consistency of the parnsip. I'd omit the cream completely.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I generally sub evaporated milk for cream in recipes.
  • cadams429
    Options
    I use nonfat Greek yogurt in almost everything rather than cream cheese or cream or sour cream. So give it a go - what's the worst that can happen?
  • Medwayguy
    Options
    Antique white emulsion perhaps!