Pizza

Options
ok I know Pizza isn't the healthiest or the lowest calories but I work at a upscale pizza place so I eat it a lot.

I normally get light cheese and I really like chicken and spinach on top of it...

what topping would be the lowest calories or the healthiest choices?

Replies

• miss_alias
    Options
    Lots of veggies I think would be the best option - tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions. Also, do you have a whole grain option?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    go overkill on veggies.

We stopped buying chain when we started making our own. Cheaper, healthier, and tastes just as good!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    At this pizza place do they have lettuce where you could make a large chef salad? Or bring some from home and add all the veggies you like. Skip the pepperoni and sausage, not a good choice! Thin crust is best if you need the crust.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I go to the salad bar at the grocery store and load up a container of veggies and make a thin crust at home. I limit the cheese and load up on extra garlic, some salt and red pepper flakes. There are so many veggies on top, it is really filling and I can eat 4 pieces for under 600 calories (thats half the pizza). Plus all the fiber in broccoli, spinach, etc, you feel full for a long time.

Usuals at salad bar... red onions, green, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomato, spinach and whatever else you may like. Asparagus is good if its chopped small.
  • ELVanvleet
    Options
    @Shalma....would you mine giving me your pizza recipe...I'm a huge pizza fan! And love thin crust!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ya, the killer app in Pizza is the crust.