fish

Options
serenity
serenity Posts: 6 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for fish recipes? I don't really like fish but I am trying to add some to my diet. I did pan sear some mahi-mahi on Monday but the problem is I am starved 30 to 40 mins after I eat it and I don't feel satisfied. any suggestions

thanks---serenity

Replies

• boneheadeb
    boneheadeb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Living in the northwest, we have steady access to good fresh salmon. It is fattier than other fish, but with good oils. Season with soy sauce, onions and lemon - broil until flaky. Squeeze on more lemon. Or season as above, wrap in foil, and BBQ.

If you prefer white fish - try steaming (very gently over chicken broth) then smothering with steamed herbed zucchini with just a touch of butter and salt, or any other green vegetable you like.

Deb
  • apojones
    apojones Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just buy the blackened salmon individually frozen patties at Sams Club. The convenience and flavor make it something that I can stick to. If I forget to thaw one earlier in the day, I just put one or two in a metal bowl under some warm running water for a couple of minutes, then put it in the oven or the microwave (oven is the best) right away so you don't have to worry about bacteria building up or anything. ALSO SALMON STICKS WITH ME A LOT LONGER THAN ANY OTHER FISH. You can eat less of it and feel more full. I like to serve it with snow peas or broccoli, rice cooked in fat free chicken broth with some garlic and pepper and if I'm still hungry, I'll eat a salad. It could be the combination of the protein, good fats, carbs and fiber that keep me full....but I always have good results with a meal including a small portion of salmon.
  • Jules5541
    Jules5541 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well~ I just love Tilapia, and cod. I just steam it to cooked through, add a small amount of Smart Balnce butter. And some lemon pepper seasonig, or a little bit of Lawry's seasoning. Just one fillet is actually enough for one serving, and just serve it with a baked potato, and a green vegetable of your choice.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dear tlt0811,

I'll try your fish recipe and let you know how I like it. I usually like fish only FRIED. I'm up for new ideas and recipes! Thanks.
  • ragsrulz
    ragsrulz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    teriyaki fish is good....and there is a salad dressing called light asian sesame....(kraft makes it)...marinate it in a little bit of that, any fish will do, salmon and shrimp are especially good), then grill..I grill sometimes in the iron skillet, with just a touch of EVOO....about 1 tsp full.....just enough to keep it from sticking...

but then I am a BIG fan of sushi, lol....
    but you are right...we do have to have fun with it....make food what makes us live....not live for food.....
  • ragsrulz
    ragsrulz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    and serenity...I live in Oklahoma...and they fry everything....personally I hate fried foods...thank God....but go to a restaurant? and they will manage to fry it....like fried mushrooms...lol, just grosses me out...

life in the "south"

we are still trying to transition to some sort of semblance of healthy eating...we have sushi restaurants now!
  • glosalinas
    glosalinas Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both using this site and we just came up with this recipe: Place tilapia fillets (or other mild fish) in a large skillet, top with a can of diced tomatoes and some sliced mushrooms and sliced jalapenos (optional). Simmer until fish flakes easily. We sprinkled a teaspoon of parmesan cheese over each fillet. Fast, easy, and low cal.
  • glosalinas
    glosalinas Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I forgot an ingredient in the above recipe: sliced onions.
  • Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In egypt we bake fish with tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, potatoes slices limes lemons vinegar salt pepper and parsley.

We stuff the fish with minced garlic if its whole or rub it if baked. And it creates an amazing fish sauce that goes great on rice.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    serenity wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions for fish recipes? I don't really like fish but I am trying to add some to my diet. I did pan sear some mahi-mahi on Monday but the problem is I am starved 30 to 40 mins after I eat it and I don't feel satisfied. any suggestions

thanks---serenity

I LOVE FISH! i love it baked with lemon pepper garlic salt and parm cheese baked @ 450 for 12 mins you wont be sorrry
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I know this is weird, but try salmon candy if you have means to smoke things. It's the same idea as candy bacon, but with delicious fatty salmon
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Considering this thread is from 10 years ago, I doubt OP will be trying any of these suggestions!
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    /bump - because it amuses me.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Considering this thread is from 10 years ago, I doubt OP will be trying any of these suggestions!

OP may not cook this fish, but I'll take away some of the suggestions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Holy necro.