Mike’s Daily bREAD 11/12/12 Topic: Free Personal Trainer

Options
Hello! I am back again but under new management. Obviously most of you know my daily posts as Mike’s Daily Rants. I decided to change the name for a more positive energy. The main reason for the change was because people that hated them were putting too much negative energy into them. That negative energy caused conflict and confusion. In turn, this has caused most of my posts to be locked. The negative energy just let me know that people were missing the points that I attempted to make. Weight-loss is funny and emotional all at the same time. Many times things happen and we just don’t know how to put them into words. It is more beneficial for me to put things into words because you never know who is going through the same struggle at the same time and needs a little support or motivation to help them push through. Hopefully those following my daily posts now have a better understanding why I changed the name.

Going to the gym is vital when living a healthy and productive lifestyle. Leaving the gym drenched in sweat is a great feeling and adds a huge level of confidence. I go just about every day and sometimes twice but yesterday was the first day in a while that I questioned if I am working as hard as I could.

I understand that my body has transformed into something completely different from what it was just 2 years ago. I also understand that it could be more toned, tighter and more defined. I do more cardio than strength but realize why just yesterday. It is very intimidating to see guys that look like they wrestle in the WWE or play professional anything lifting right next to me. I have tried it before but for the last few months avoided lifting for that very reason. While stretching on the yoga mat before Spin Class yesterday, a light bulb turned on in my head.

That light bulb that turns on inside of my head recaps my weight loss mission. It reminds me that I lost 201 pounds in 356 days without a personal trainer or any gimmick diet fads or tricks. It reminds me that I have kept it off for 1 year and 4 months. It also reminds me that I have been slacking recently and eating like I did when I was 381 pounds. Finally it reminds me how cheap I am and why I won’t hire a personal trainer. I feel that a personal trainer is not really the best option for me. The reason I feel that way is mainly because I understand what I need to do. I am also cheap and really don’t want to pay an additional $100.00 per month to tell me what I already know. The part that would benefit me would be the extra push to do what is right. So I gather all this information that has been mentally received and process it in a way that only Mike would do.

After I process all of the information, I conclude that I will not be paying for a personal trainer. I want the personal trainer that is free 99. The personal trainers in my gym train in the open and there are no private quarters of the gym. All rooms are sectioned off by glass. I love that!

So as I continue to stretch and thought of all those things mentioned earlier, I notice that one of the trainers is training a client right next to me. I observe closely attempting not to stare and realize this is how I will get my free personal training! I watch the trainer train someone else and I copy. Is that ethical? No. Is that that economical wisdom? Heck Yeah! So as I continue to observe, I start typing the routine down into my phone and save it so that I can revisit these things on my own time. After observing for 20 minutes and writing down valuable exercises that will benefit me in the near future, I believe the trainer notices what I am doing and takes his client to another part of the gym. I am fine with that because it is time for spin class to start anyway. I figure I will do the same thing today with a different trainer and keep adding to my repertoire. Before you know it, Mike will be ripped and showing off my body to the masses.

The message to be learned here is that you don’t have to pay a pricey personal trainer to achieve your personal goals, just be observant. Today I will choose a guy in the gym that closely resembles how I want my body to look and I will watch him workout. Not so obvious that he catches me and beats me up for thinking that I want his body literally. I can see how that would be creepy. I can see that happening. “What you looking at?” “I’m sorry I was looking at you because I want your body” Then he proceeds to kick my butt because I was not specific enough.

I speak to a lot of people in my gym so I’m sure if I just ask whomever the guy is about his diet and workout routine he would be more than willing to assist. That on top of my free personal training will have me right by spring.

MikeMontana1914

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Glad to read your post this morning! I think it's a great idea to see what other people are doing and try to incorporate it into your own routine... but yeah... try not to get "caught" :flowerforyou:
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If they are training in the public and you can easily over hear and do not intrude on that persons paid for session I see your choice as very economical. However I would see if your gym has a free trial period that you can pick the brain of a trainer and get questions answered.

So because the mass public is kind of dill weeds does this mean there will be no more funny rants from your office? I really wanted to know how your bulimia and flesh eating disease were healing up!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Glad to read your post this morning! I think it's a great idea to see what other people are doing and try to incorporate it into your own routine... but yeah... try not to get "caught" :flowerforyou:

LOL. yeah I have to do better with being nosey.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    If they are training in the public and you can easily over hear and do not intrude on that persons paid for session I see your choice as very economical. However I would see if your gym has a free trial period that you can pick the brain of a trainer and get questions answered.

So because the mass public is kind of dill weeds does this mean there will be no more funny rants from your office? I really wanted to know how your bulimia and flesh eating disease were healing up!

No I will continue them. I will just try to keep it as "Professional" as possible. The flesh eating bacterial jig is up. I told everyone that there was a mix up but I thank everyone for their prayers and kind gifts.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Looks to me like a lot of negative energy goes into writing these too.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Looks to me like a lot of negative energy goes into writing these too.

No just the negative people that comment the way they do.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    LOL! Your post always seem to make me laugh. Thanks for posting and I hope you have a great day!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    LOL! Your post always seem to make me laugh. Thanks for posting and I hope you have a great day!

Thanks! You do the same.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Every time I read one of your posts a light goes off in my head too. Thanks for your wisdom and keep on writing!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Every time I read one of your posts a light goes off in my head too. Thanks for your wisdom and keep on writing!!!

Well thank you! Glad I can help. :-)
  • Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your sharing. :) nice n light hearted to read :)
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    so glad you are back. i hope you are not back in a limited controlled way. you should be able to speak your mind. after all it is a right of yours.

great job on the free trainer. i believe this was part of the movie bridesmaids. the girls working out next to a training class in the park. i would be careful not to tick too many people off at the gym. you might find yourself in a bad situation some day if enough people get tired of you "stealing" from them as they would probably put it. even though as you pointed out are in the open and can be seen by anyone.
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Happy your back sir!!! Don't let them negative nancies get you down!! You always spin things as positivley as you can. Your much nicer than some at least!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    so glad you are back. i hope you are not back in a limited controlled way. you should be able to speak your mind. after all it is a right of yours.

great job on the free trainer. i believe this was part of the movie bridesmaids. the girls working out next to a training class in the park. i would be careful not to tick too many people off at the gym. you might find yourself in a bad situation some day if enough people get tired of you "stealing" from them as they would probably put it. even though as you pointed out are in the open and can be seen by anyone.

I have tried this before but it was a boot camp in a public park. I only did it for a reaction then though. I didnt do it for long because the class was tough so nobody had to say anythin. I left on my own free will. Defeated and shame. LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Happy your back sir!!! Don't let them negative nancies get you down!! You always spin things as positivley as you can. Your much nicer than some at least!

Well thank you. I thought so too but somehow my posts kept getting reported. :-)
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, well what's done in the open is certainly for everyone to see....LOLOL It's a great idea actually, we just need to pay more attention. LOVE IT!!!!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Haha! Smart; I do the same as well. I take notes off the seasoned people in the gym and try the workouts myself. AND in 2 years I haven't had to hire a trainer either. That and I watch youtube videos to get workout ideas. You've done great, keep it up!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Haha! Smart; I do the same as well. I take notes off the seasoned people in the gym and try the workouts myself. AND in 2 years I haven't had to hire a trainer either. That and I watch youtube videos to get workout ideas. You've done great, keep it up!

Awesome!! Thanks.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Hahaha, well what's done in the open is certainly for everyone to see....LOLOL It's a great idea actually, we just need to pay more attention. LOVE IT!!!!

Glad you enjoy it! :-)
  • cindyanne29
    cindyanne29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    FUNNY and SO TRUE!