Reduce waist an inch without losing more than 5 lbs?

Options
I have always wanted a tiny waist but had next to none. I am 5'7", 130 lbs, and 16-18% bodyfat. Right now my waist is 26". I want to get my waist down to 25", but I don't want to lose more than 5 lbs and I don't want to lose all my bodyfat. Is this possible? Or am I just stuck with the proportions I have?

Replies

• monkeys_mom
    monkeys_mom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started doing 50 sit ups, 15 push ups a day.

In two months, without losing any weight, I lost 5 inches off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips.

I however, am 5 ft, 110 lbs(21% body fat), and now have a 32 inch hip, and 27.5 waist. I wish I could get down to 25 waist!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    That 5 inch loss off your waist is incredible! Good job. I already do a few hundred pushups and situps a day along with additional ab work (about 10 minutes twice a week of pilates abs), so I don't know if more sit ups and pushups is the answer.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Well you can only make an area smaller by losing muscle or losing fat.
  • DisRetUSN
    Options
    don't forget to do side stretches (make sure to hold them), and and side twists (slowly). Remember life is not about weight or inches - it is about happiness and health. One person can have a 25 inch waist and look great another one can have the same measurements and look strange. Go with what your body wants. You may never get that 25 inch waist. But don't dispair.
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you do some strength training to tone up. And I don't mean bulking up but toning up as in becoming firm. That will reduce your body fat % and possibly make you lose an inch off your waist (but your weight will increase--muscle weighs more than fat!).
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you do some strength training to tone up. And I don't mean bulking up but toning up as in becoming firm. That will reduce your body fat % and possibly make you lose an inch off your waist (but your weight will increase--muscle weighs more than fat!).

I already do a substantial amount of strength too. I do strength. I do cardio. I do HIT. I do abs. I'm cutting my calories to get my bodyfat down a little, but I don't want it too low. Are there any athletic ladies out there who maintain at 12-14% bodyfat and like it?