Made it through the first week! Would now love some friends

Options
Hi Everyone!

After being on countless diets, I started on MFP last week. I am feeling so encouraged about this program and love reading the message boards for inspiration. I want to lose 20 pounds. I am 47 years old and I've actually wanted to lose those 20 pounds for about ten years, but I am now feeling like this is very do-able and would love to have some online friends join me on the journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend! Thanks :)

Replies

• shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! I'd love to be your friend! :smile:
  • keithvernon1
    keithvernon1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Been on for 1 month now and have been dedicated to track meals and exercise. Easy to get out of it if you do not do it daily.
    View my profile and I would love to have you as a "Friend."
    Keith
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 47 as well, nearly at goal weight, but planning on staying on MFP to reach fitness goals. Sending FR.
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    HI, I have sent you a request :)
    I started out not having any friends on here but have found it so much easier to do when there is that support and a little accountability.
  • krissykallen
    krissykallen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SOOOO much! Looking forward to encouraging each other on this journey!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Happy to be your friend here too, unless you want only dull, boring friends :)
  • krissykallen
    Options
    LOL ... happy to have all kinds of friends :)
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    it's more fun with friends~ add me if you like. I love the logging and the accountability.. MFP has been a godsend!
  • krissykallen
    Options
    Added - thanks!!
  • llvtorres3
    llvtorres3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have a long way to go and I am doing a combination of MFP and Weight Watchers. Anyone else doing combos?
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a few more motivated friends as well! Please add me and anyone else who is motivated and will support each other, please add me too!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Krissy, one week in and 2 pounds down? That's wonderful! If you are still looking for friends, feel free to add me and good luck. I haven't been around long either, but I think MFP is a great tool if you use it correctly.

Kelly
  • sherpasmom
    sherpasmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Krissy, sending you a friend request. I think MFP is one of the best personal trackers and motivators I've used and I plan on it not only helping me to lost but maintain. I post daily :smile: and friends do help!
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! I'll send you a request!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i AM ALWAYS UP FOR NEW FRIENDS. You can add me if you like
  • krissykallen
    Options
    Thank you! It is amazing how I feel so much more determined I feel to succeed now that I have MFP friends to support and encourage along this journey. We can all do this "with a little help from our friends" :0)
  • ginandchocolate
    ginandchocolate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me (:
  • Debz13yz_
    Options
    sent u request! :) i can use some friends too! :)