31 with 100+ to lose

Options
Hello! I am a 31 year old mother of two (ages 3 and 2). I work full time doing office work, which means I spend at least 7-8 hours sitting on my rear. I usually get up an hour earlier in the morning to exercise (walking and Bob's boot camp, but nothing set in stone).

I've been overweight my entire life. I remember standing in line in the third grade while my friends talked about how much they weighed. It was the first time I felt awful about my weight. Fast forward many years and the story has never changed. I've tried all sorts of diets and exercise routines, but I've never stuck with any of. As a result, the number just climbs. I cannot and will not see 300, but I'm getting awfully close.

My biggest obstacles are the nights and weekends. I really need to figure out how to plow through them without wanting to eat everything in site.

So, this is me starting out on a new road; a different path to get me there.

I've got a few friends here, but more are always welcome!

Replies

• jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 31 as well and my total goal is 100+. For me, I don't keep the stuff I crave in my house- then I can't find it to snack on at night. My weakness was ice cream at night... mmmm... but it's been almost 6 months since I've had some. When I feel like snacking I do pushups or sit-ups or hop on here and read all the success stories. For exercise I've become obsessed with Zumba. I do live classes, but they have DVDs too.

Hope that helps- you can friend me if you'd like!

953203.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Slightlyoffbalance
    Options
    Unfortunately, my husband is anti-health anything and so I have the foods that he eats around most of the time. I'm usually pretty good about avoiding them, but in the process I over eat on the healthier options. It's pretty mindless. I did tell myself I should get up and do sit-ups or push-ups when I want to eat more, I just haven't followed through with that.

That's amazing about the ice cream! Great job!!!! Is Zumba like dancing? I'm about as coordinated as...well, let me just say I'm not, at all. Not that I won't try any work out once or twice!

Adding you now, thanks!
  • Cassondra6608
    Options
    I have 100 + to lose also. My biggest problems are the weekends too, but everyday is a new day and I'm not going to give up! Always looking for a new friend so feel free to add me! Good luck!!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am 31 also! :laugh:

Zumba is a great starting point. Don't worry about what you look like when you are doing it. Just have fun with it. I got really really good at laughing at myself. :) Also, do you do the shopping? If so, then get what you want and start to slow down on the unhealthy stuff for your husband. That is what I did. There are a lot of things I just don't buy any more. Ice cream being one of them. Because, like what was posted earlier, my late night go to was ice cream. I don't like the kind i bought my hubby but when push comes to shove I would eat his (even though I didn't previously like it). So if you do the shopping, he will either change or gripe about it. And it is helping his health, too! Plus it's a great time to really get your kids on the right track. Start doing it for them! Good luck!!! You can do it. One day at a time! Another idea I have heard for those that have to sit for long stretches of time at work is getting a big ball to sit on that way you are using your core without even trying. Just thought I'd share! :)
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 33 years old and a mother of three. I also work in an office all day and would love to lose 100 lbs myself. I was on WW's after my third child was born and successfully lost 75lbs I was at my lowest weight in as long as I could remember but its like once I hit the goal I forgot about the maintenance phrase. I get so mad at myself but need to just start looking forward. I'm almost hitting the 3's too and its scary to me because I've never seen that number and I don't want too. I joined a local gym and ordered a Body Media which I'm anxiously waiting for I tend to do well with visuals so I'm hoping see the calories in and out helps keep me on track.

Please feel free to add me we can help cheer each other on from miles away. Also anyone else that is looking for a WL buddy feel free to add me I need all the help and motivation I can get.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 31! I have 80 pounds to lose, I don't know if I qualify for this thread :smile: My problem is nighttime snacking as well, and I also work an office job. A few things that have helped for me. I work out after my daughter goes to bed. I find I don't want to eat after I exercise. My husband is one of those tall skinny guys who can eat anything. His nightly snack is an entire large bag of tortilla chips and salsa. I keep little snacks around that I can have. little chocolate that are 25 calories each (I take 2 and use them to scoop a half tbsp of peanut butter) or special K crispy fruit bars and a few other things so I get a treat before bed but I don't go overboard. Also, at the office I try to do a few things. Squats, calf raises, leg raises in my office chair. I find I have more energy at the end of the day.
    Just what's been working for me, you'll find your groove!
  • Slightlyoffbalance
    Options
    @idream2bgwen: Thanks for the advice!! I usually do most of the shopping, but my husband helps sometimes. There have been many times he'll cook his own food when I cook healthy stuff, which is all right. I do my best to keep my kids eating the healthier stuff because it is truly upsetting to think they will have to battle this later in their life. I just have to stick to what I can and get the healthy stuff, and maybe eventually he'll get the idea and join in on the good stuff!

I may very well get the ball! I have one at home that just rolls from room to room. They might laugh at me here in the office, but that's all right!
  • Slightlyoffbalance
    Options
    @schell81: Those are some good suggestions, about the chair exercise and the nighttime snacks. I do struggle with balance in my snacks and meals. It's good to know some that are appropriate.

Friend request sent!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm 30.. I'll be 31 in January. I would like to lose 100+ pounds I am currently down 74. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 31, as well. I've lost 88 pounds to date and have roughly 150 more to lose. Best wishes :smile:
  • ezebra82
    ezebra82 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, and 77 down, 109.8 left to go!!! Good luck!! :bigsmile:
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My goodness look at all the success in you here....you ladies are very inspiring! :)
  • cadams429
    Options
    I totally understand about the nights and evenings being the hardest part.

Staying busy is the only thing that works for me. Whether that be shopping (which my pocketbook cannot always afford), crafting or cleaning - I must stay busy after work.

If it's up to me to not eat crappy food while on the couch, game over.

Can you go to work out classes after work?
  • Slightlyoffbalance
    Options
    I'm 30, and 77 down, 109.8 left to go!!! Good luck!! :bigsmile:

Amazing! You people are truly inspiring! Thanks so much for the encouragement!
  • Slightlyoffbalance
    Options
    Can you go to work out classes after work?

Unfortunately, I can't. I have to be able to get it done at home, or bring my kids along. Morning is always my best option for workout. But, there is PLENTY for me to do at night when I get home....cook, clean, bathe kids, laundry. I just have to avoid the downtime downer (as in food down my throat) when I sit for about 30 minutes and watch a TV show.
  • Slightlyoffbalance
    Options
    My goodness look at all the success in you here....you ladies are very inspiring! :)

Indeed! Y'all are all so awesome!
  • KBE1990
    Options
    Hopefully I can help inspire you a bit. I have lost over 200lbs. I won't lie it's not going to be easy! -hugs- but you can do it! Don't say you can't, because I know you can! Trust me if I can lose it anyone can! I can try and give you some pointers and inspire you. I have noticed a good trick, other recommend this too, is to stick to a routine. Like everyday I eat the same thing just about, sometimes I mix it up. A routine is good because you get used to it, and eventually it wont be so hard to stick to it. It can get boring but you will lose the weight I promise! Here is what I do. I walk on the treadmill, in the very beginning I didn't even exercise I just ate 1,200 calories. Now I have added walking. Well anyway I make sure to drink plenty of water to flush anything out like if I do happen to eat salt, which I try to avoid! I also avoid sweets! I eat a banana, pack of oatmeal, orange juice or milk for breakfast. For lunch a tuna or turkey sandwhich on wheat bread and an apple. For dinner I eat a lean cuisine, the ones with the veggies and fruit in it too. Some times I even eat 1 yoplait yogurt for a snack. This has worked for me, just thought I would share it with you. Also make sure to take a vitamin too! - Just never lose hope and never ever give up! You are going to make a mistake and binge, we all do! but if you do, please don't be hard on yourself! Just lift your head up and try try again! I have faith in you!
  • shell22holmes
    Options
    Hi, I just started today too. I'm 40, looking to lose approx. 40lbs. Pretty motivated right now, and congrats to all who are traveling on this journey as well. Looking for inspiration and motivation :)
    I am trying out different workout routines, and just completed Jillian Michaels Level 1 30 Day Shred. Not easy but not too bad either.
    I'm going to walk in the evenings after work. We have nice trails where I live, so I figure before the snow flies, I'll try to get that little extra cardio in.
    You guys are truly amazing and I'm glad I found some kindred spirits :)
  • Sreed9901
    Sreed9901 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HI, I am 32 (33 tomorrow but I will hang on to 32 as long as I can). I have 3 kids (13, 11, and 2) and also sit pretty much all day at work. I started my new life style about a month ago and so far lost 11 almost 12 lbs. I have about 140 more to go. I find it easier to get up before everyone in the house to do my exercising (that way no one can see me as I am horribly uncoordinated). I started doing the Kettleworx dvds and am getting the 30 day shred for my birthday. As for the snacking, honestly sometimes I am just too lazy to get up and get me a bowl of whatever it is I want, other times I just think of the body I want to have and that usually stops me. Good luck to everyone on their journey!
  • smartin_86
    Options
    Good morning, all!! I am 26 and still have over 100 pounds to go for my weight loss goals. Would be amazing to connect and encourage people that are in the same goal area as mine!! This thread looks like it has some awesome people on here. Hope everyone is having a great day.