Did you ever?

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I just want something that helps people remember the difference between 'lose' and 'loose' as those words are COMPLETELY different. Drives me batty.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just loose weight. Maybe pull a rlp cord and have your *kitten* fall off or something..
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Desert versus Dessert. I'd rather have two desserts, hence two S's.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    All People Seem To Need Data Processing

The OSI Networking Model

Application
    Presentation
    Session
    Transport
    Network
    Data-Link
    Physical
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    B-e-a -utiful, Jim Carrey, and I cant spell Banana unless I sing Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl lol
  • Montegue42
    Options
    I can't say the preamble to the Constitution without singing it.

Same! Ahahahaha.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Desert versus Dessert. I'd rather have two desserts, hence two S's.

Now why doesn't that surprise me?!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets.

Self explanatory really.
    Well, now it's just My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming.

I refuse to accept that reclassification. It ruins everything. Boo hiss.

Mine was this:

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas.

Don't remember if our class made it up or if it actually came from somewhere, but I still remember it clearly!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I remember something in music about learning the notes EGBDF: "Every Good Boy Does Fine". Also Schoolhouse Rock during Saturday morning cartoons. I can't say the preamble to the Constitution without singing it.

Me too!! I like to show off by singing the preamble.

I also remember ROY G BIV. Anyone else remember that one?

Years later in Anatomy and Physiology class I learned a dirty neumonic(SP?) for the cranial nerves.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I actually learned how to spell by a secret code language that my friends and I used. It was called op. You would basically spell out the word outloud using the letters' sounds, and add "op," to the end of every letter that's not a vowel. Example, my name: Sharie, you would say: Sop Hop ay Rop eye eee. Had to know how to spell to speak the language. I can now spell anything fairly quickly, and I attribute it mostly to that, and not so much to my teachers. lol!
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    [/quote] I can't spell encyclopedia without singing it like Jiminey Cricket :wink:

Me too...Also, can't remember middle letters in the alphabet without singing the "alphabet song"
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas - the planets...closest to the sun to furthest from it. And then NASA ruined it by declaring Pluto is no longer a planet...

pluto.jpg
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I just want something that helps people remember the difference between 'lose' and 'loose' as those words are COMPLETELY different. Drives me batty.

This is prevalent on this site.....and is very perturbing to me, as well! lol
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My mom used to do this for me for geography and history. She'd make associations that I'd always remember. Works awesome!
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just loose weight. Maybe pull a rlp cord and have your *kitten* fall off or something..

I just laughed mine off!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Mississippi - M...I.....crooked letter...crooked letter...I...crooked letter....crooked letter...I...hump-back...hump-back...I

Beautiful - B...E....A....Utiful (Jim Carrey)

I before E except after C - Helps me everyday
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets.

Self explanatory really.
    Well, now it's just My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming.

I was gonna say this, but when I was little it was, My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizza's!!
  • IslandRider
    Options
    When I was learning to ride a motorcycle, I used "kink' (kickstand, ignition switch, neutral, keys) so I would remember to put it neutral and not forget my keys.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Oh, and it's not really a word game, but the finger thing for the 9 multiples, I still use that!
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    B-e-a -utiful, Jim Carrey, and I cant spell Banana unless I sing Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl lol

THIS,

I cant spell either of those words without saying B-e-a- utiful like jim carrey. and singing b-a-n-a-n-a-s from gwen stefani.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My high school biology teacher taught us a mnemonic for the order of the classifications in the taxonomic system:
    King Phillip (plays) Chess On Fine Grained Sand

Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species