When do you buy new clothes?

13»

Replies

• cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    What do you all do, wait until you reach goal or keep buying clothes?

I buy clothes all the time. I feel motivated when something smaller fits awesome....and I wanna look good, not frumpy in baggy stuff when I worked so hard...even if its temporary.

I do limit myself to 2 pairs of jeans in each size though. They are expesive and need to fit really good....tops and sweaters have a lot longer life on a changing shape.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    I would buy some new things. Just sayin it feels good to reward yourself along the way. You don't have to go crazy but at least a couple pairs of pants and maybe even a top or two. You don't have to buy brand new during this time. Try consignment or second hand too.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Buy the smaller clothes for sure. I got down to my goal weight and tried some pants on in my ideal size. They fit. Well I decided to wait until my birthday (it was a month away) and when my birthday came they didn't fit. I had already gained some weight and didn't realize it because I was still wearing my bigger pants. I say buy something that you can wear weekly at least to gage how you are doing. My experience is that I couldn't tell I was getting bigger in my bigger pants. They were still loose so I didn't notice.
  • I'm waiting to lose my weight before I buy clothes as an added incentive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!