Losing too much weight!

Options
Hi, I'm 5'2", 19 years old and have always had trouble losing weight. After seeing a shocking number on the weighing scale, I decided to start exercising religiously because I needed to lose weight.

I started this around 11 days ago, running 2-3 miles a day, weight lifting for 25 minutes and doing yoga sometimes for 30 minutes. I would exercise 4-5 days a week and my caloric intake would range from 1200-1500 calories. I have weighed myself everyday and I noticed some extremely drastic changes in weight.

Over 11 days I have lost 39 pounds. Something just doesn't feel right. It's not the scale, the scales in my home and gym both give the same weight. I have gone from 160 to now 121 pounds, but I don't look like a 121 pound woman. I seriously don't know what is going on. I think its more probable that the earth's gravitational force lessened than the possibility that I lost around 10 pounds overnight.

Please let me know!

Replies

• chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You either messed up on the first weight or you had a lot of water weight to lose. At that age I could lose some crazy numbers too. This the first time you seriously dieted and exercised? That number is going to slow down by a lot now. But when you are young it can come off really fast.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any limbs?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Maybe you were really constipated and your new diet and exercise regimen loosened things up.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Physically not possible.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any limbs?

LOL
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't eating enough. At your age, you would have a high BMR. My daughter is a little younger than you and your same height. Her BMR is 2200 calories without exercise.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    first thing I would do is move your scale to a different spot and try it again...if it's digital, change the batteries, otherwise buy a new scale and try that. Otherwise you could be extremely dehydrated, how much water are you drinking?
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Maybe you weighed yourself wrong the first time.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    no way. even if u starved and walked across a dessert...i dont think this woud even happen then................. why post something like this...smh
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it.

I lost almost that much in my first two weeks. Look at how restricted her calories are.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2", 19 years old and have always had trouble losing weight. After seeing a shocking number on the weighing scale, I decided to start exercising religiously because I needed to lose weight.

I started this around 11 days ago, running 2-3 miles a day, weight lifting for 25 minutes and doing yoga sometimes for 30 minutes. I would exercise 4-5 days a week and my caloric intake would range from 1200-1500 calories. I have weighed myself everyday and I noticed some extremely drastic changes in weight.

Over 11 days I have lost 39 pounds. Something just doesn't feel right. It's not the scale, the scales in my home and gym both give the same weight. I have gone from 160 to now 121 pounds, but I don't look like a 121 pound woman. I seriously don't know what is going on. I think its more probable that the earth's gravitational force lessened than the possibility that I lost around 10 pounds overnight.

Please let me know!
    That is a lot of weight to lose in 11 days considering you were not extremely overweight. I believe a visit to your doctor is in order. If you did lose that much weight you need to make sure all your enzymes and other blood work is good. If it was a lot of water then you need to find out why at your age and weight you were carrying so much water.
  • Buddogmom
    Options
    The first thing is to get medically checked out in case you haven't done that. Get a full physical, blood panels, thyroid check, etc. Be sure that everything is okay medically. Then follow some of the advice given by your fellow MFPers.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If this is completely accurate I would suggest you get your blood sugar checked. You could be diabetic. Except for a medical reason there is no way in heck you lost that much weight in that short of time. Unless you were morbidly obese, which you weren't and aren't.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My answer is probably gonna be considered "snarky" but I don't mean it to be at all...the ONLY time I've ever heard of someone losing that much weight in that short of time is when they gave birth... OR had gestational diabetes.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    After seeing a shocking number on the weighing scale, I decided to start exercising religiously because I needed to lose weight.

Over 11 days I have lost 39 pounds.
    I would bet that the shocking number on the scale was wrong. I honestly don't believe anyone could lose that much weight in 11 days naturally. If you had a bunch of skin removed or had lipo, maybe, but not just through diet and exercise.
  • bladskie
    Options
    Do you feel ok? The only thing I can think of besides drastic water weight loss, might be diabetes. You might want to have it checked.
  • KBE1990
    Options
    I have lost up to 5lbs in a day, but never 10lbs wow! That's too much! I cannot say it's not possible. Maybe you just used the bathroom, flushed out your system, and lost tons of water weight. Wow, just wow. Be careful okay, losing 10lbs in one day is dangerous to ones health!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Humor. That's a great first post! Go you!