100-200 Calorie Snacks

Options
I was hoping I could get some more ideas for some snacks I can pack with me to work. I am trying to stay away from granola bars and I'm getting a little bored of apples. I usually have a boiled egg and whole grain toast for breakfast and a salad with a protein for lunch... just to give an idea of what I'm already eating.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• Roxymama29
    Options
    i dont know if you like olives..but olives are low calories and are suppose to help you burn calories too
  • risenonlytofall
    Options
    Dried fruit, nuts, pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Carrot, celery or zucchini sticks with hummus. Snap peas. Bananas or citrus fruits like tangerines or oranges.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    almonds
    dried fruit
    greek yogurt
    pb filled pretzels
    2T hummus and veggies
  • Keffy24
    Options
    almonds
    dried fruit
    greek yogurt
    pb filled pretzels
    2T hummus and veggies

Ah, I always forget about hummus!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I like a couple of Ryvita PUMPKIN SEEDS & OATS CRISPBREAD(approx 44 cal each) with a few"The laughing cow" wedges (approx 25 cal each)...
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    my #1 go to snacks are almonds and dried fruit because I can keep them in my office and they won't spoil so they are always on hand. I also like yogurt and on days when I know I have a strenuous workout coming after work I'll snack on a Luna bar (they're usually around 200 ish calories).

Laughing cow cheese is an excellent snack too. :)
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Fibre One bars are way healthier and honestly- far better tasting than granola bars!
    I like to mix up cheerios, dried cranberries and peanuts in a bowl or bag as well.. The dried cherry infused cranberries are awesome!!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    LOW SODIUM RICE CAKES
    PEANUT BUTTER
    OATMEAL
    BANANA
    TRAIL MIX
    POPCORN
    FRUIT
    VEGGIES
    I KEEP THOSE IN MY LOCKER
    IN THE FRIDGE I LOVE TO HAVE COTTAGE CHEESE AND TOMATO SLICES :)
    80 CALORIE YOGURT CUPS
    100 CAL GREEK YOGURT IS AWESOME :)
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt
    Popcorn
    I also like to take baby carrots in a microwave container, add water- cook for like a minute and 15 or 30 seconds, drain the water, and sprinkle with cinnamon... soo yummy!
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Mini bags of popcorn, Fiber one Brownies, carrot sticks and ranch dip, Nature valley granola thins, grapes. These are some of my faves.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Mini bags of popcorn (with salt and pepper of course!), cocoa roasted almonds if you want something sweet, a small cup of trail mix with more nuts than chocolate, rice cakes, fruit, carrot sticks, celery sticks...
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks!
  • live2love2012
    Options
    My new favorite snack is Air Popped Popcorn.....3 cups popped is only 60 calories and I add Ranch popcorn seasoning for only 2 calories a 1/4tsp......It's a great snack for when I want something salty, but low in cal :smile:
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The five (non-fresh fruit) snacks I eat the most:

strawberry greek yogurt -- 120 cals
    peanut butter on low cal wheat -- 160 cals
    1/4 cup cottage cheese and two pineapple rings -- 120 cals
    reduced cal wheat english muffin w/ sugar free blackberry jam -- 90 cals
    1oz of mixed nuts -- 160 cals
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A trick I learned from MFP is to remove the yolk from hard boiled eggs and replace with hummus. It is very good with a side of some veggies. My snacks usually mean "break-time" so today, I had a Pure Protein bar with coffee/cream for 220 cals and this afternoon, I am having a Luna bar with hot tea for 190 calories.

My other snack is usually greek yogurt with fruit or with pistachios...sometimes with honey.
  • Keffy24
    Options
    I like a couple of Ryvita PUMPKIN SEEDS & OATS CRISPBREAD(approx 44 cal each) with a few"The laughing cow" wedges (approx 25 cal each)...

That sounds delicious :)!
  • Keffy24
    Options
    Great suggestions everyone, thank you! Popcorn sounds like a great snack, I love salty snack and this can be healthier :)
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You can have two fun-size Snickers bars for 160 calories.
  • PeriwinklePineapple
    Options
    I just made these oatmeal bars, and I really liked them. No added sugar. I substituted the skim milk with almond/coconut milk, and used dates and bananas instead of just dried fruit. http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/baked-oatmeal-snack-bars
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A trick I learned from MFP is to remove the yolk from hard boiled eggs and replace with hummus. It is very good with a side of some veggies. My snacks usually mean "break-time" so today, I had a Pure Protein bar with coffee/cream for 220 cals and this afternoon, I am having a Luna bar with hot tea for 190 calories.

My other snack is usually greek yogurt with fruit or with pistachios...sometimes with honey.

TOTALLY going to try the boiled egg whilte/hummus combo. MMMM.