40 something & up 40 lbs

Options
Was absolutely disgusted to discover that I now officially weigh more than my boyfriend :(
Friends turned me onto this site, and I'm looking forward to buckling down and losing this extra weight before my cruise in March!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I have been overweight all my life and decided that I wanted to look good when I reached 50. I have another 50 lbs. to lose to reach my goal. I am married without children and have multiple health problems that have caused me to become physically disabled. I am on here everyday and have an open diary. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Good for you for getting started. :)

I am 51, 5'3", started at 179 and I'm down to 141. I started out after basically not getting any exercise and eating garbage for about 10 years. I eat well and often eat whatever I want, within my means, of course! I feel like that if I can do this and succeed, anyone can!
    Good luck!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    How much do you think you can lose in 4 months?
  • sherpasmom
    sherpasmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm working for my cruise in May! Feel free to add me, I'm in my 40's and halfway there....averaging a pound a week. I am 5' 1" and started at 167, currently at 148. I do yoga, walking and being a mom (cleaning) ~ I am looking to add weights and more yoga this month. You can TOTALLY do this with MFP! :smile:
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am back on the bandwagon to lose weight ... again. I'm still in the "40" something group (for a couple of more months) and was getting concerned about weighing the same as or more than my husband too. I've lost before but started back into the same old bad habits so need to start eating healthier and getting more exercise. The excess weight and unhealthy lifestyle are contributing to health issues for me too. Time to set things right. Thanks to everyone out there for posting your intros and stories. It all helps.
  • Kisstoria
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I have been overweight all my life and decided that I wanted to look good when I reached 50. I have another 50 lbs. to lose to reach my goal. I am married without children and have multiple health problems that have caused me to become physically disabled. I am on here everyday and have an open diary. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.

Wow Kimberly, you're doing amazing!! Congratulations :)
  • Kisstoria
    Options
    You can do this! Good for you for getting started. :)

I am 51, 5'3", started at 179 and I'm down to 141. I started out after basically not getting any exercise and eating garbage for about 10 years. I eat well and often eat whatever I want, within my means, of course! I feel like that if I can do this and succeed, anyone can!
    Good luck!

It's so exciting to see everyone's success stories! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to the days ahead when my counter starts showing progress lol :)
  • Kisstoria
    Options
    How much do you think you can lose in 4 months?

Honestly, I'm hoping for 20lbs. I don't know if that's realistic for me or not, but I'm certainly up for the challenge!!
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We're all here with you!
  • cindy4361
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!!!