Carbs,Fat,Proteins?

Options
Hi !

Im new at dieting and exercise and need some advice!

Ive been dieting for 80 days now and lost a good amount of weight,1640 cals/day 5 days a week and 2 days IF on 600 cals!
Joined the gym 1st of october ,Im now going 5 times a week,mainly doing weights lifting as having a painful knee,cardios are on hold for a while!
Started to see my muscles developing and still loosing weight and fat,I d like to know if I should increase my carbs/fat/proteins intake ,or reduce them! I understand calories but need to look more into the rest! :-)
As you see ,im a total novice and need some advice but please,keep it simple !
Thank you!

Jean

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Protein: 1g per pound of target bodyweight
    Fat: 25% of total calories
    Carbs: the rest
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can go high carb or low carb but be sure to make the protein high. About 1g for the amount of lean body mass you have.

I can give you advise for that knee though. I tore my ACL in half and some cartilage tear as well. So I have some experience with knee pain.
    Stay off the machines seriously NO machines, and spend some time with squat. Start really low and go up slowly. Go as far down as you can. Hips should be below your knee. Use the weight you need to get to that point. Even if it is the bar. Keep going up and keep getting stronger. Your knee will thank you.
    Dead lift is also a great exercise. Do not get on the leg extension or leg curl. Those are not so good for your knee. The only none fee weight you could do would be leg press. I prefer Deadlift and squat since it strengthens more of your body. And I have a power lifting background.
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow guys,thats all i needed to know and special thanks to Chilly for your advice regarding knee,will start to apply it tomorrow!
    Really appreciated! :-)

Jean