My 10 steps to getting it done!!!

Options
Back on track & taking names!!!
1) I try to get a gallon of water in each day (I quit carbonated drinks 8 months ago)
2) Prepare my meal at night for the next day (preparation is key to weight loss)
3) Count EVERY thing that goes in my mouth (keep up with calories - more protein / less carbs)
4) Eat small portions of something every three hours to maintain insulin level & to be less hungry
5) Do some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week (cardio & weights)
6) Eat WHATEVER I WANT one night a week (this helps keep me on track)
7) Get plenty of sleep
8) Weigh and weigh often (it will only be correct once a week but weighing will keep you in check)
9) Use MFP to help others and allow others to help me
10) LOVE yourself & be happy no matter your size!!!!! :wink:

Replies

• begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great Advice!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I like these, they are well thought out but I will never get down one gallon of water. I work to get two quarts. Thanks.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Happy to see that you have found what works for you!!
  • hockeydad725
    hockeydad725 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great list!! I wish I were better at #7!
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    1) I try to get a gallon of water in each day (I quit carbonated drinks 8 months ago)
    2) Prepare my meal at night for the next day (preparation is key to weight loss)
    3) Count EVERY thing that goes in my mouth (keep up with calories - more protein / less carbs)
    4) Eat small portions of something every three hours to maintain insulin level & to be less hungry
    7) Get plenty of sleep
    8) Weigh and weigh often (it will only be correct once a week but weighing will keep you in check)

This almost exaclty what I do. Although I have been sick for a couple of weeks...
  • cynthia4781
    Options
    Love this post! :heart:
  • mom2chrisandnadia
    mom2chrisandnadia Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong if you follow these.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    7) Get plenty of sleep

2 questions:

1. For #6 - do you mean whatever you want AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, or whatever you want STILL LIMITING THE AMOUNT? Just wondering.

2. Would you mind if I stole this and revised it for my Goals section of my profile?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    7) Get plenty of sleep

This is a great list!
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Lacour - Regarding #6 - eat whatever I want for "dinner only" means eat what I want (usually it is a burger, fries & yummy drink - if I want a dessert, that too). If I did not have this one "cheat meal", it would be hard to stay on track the other days. ABSOLUTELY use my stuff and edit it. We are all in this together and together, we will prevail!!!!! :smile: