Doing 30DS and losing endurance?

Options
I started 30DS 7 days ago, tomorrow will be day 8 for me but i seem to be losing my endurance.
The last time i did this, i remember gaining endurance and it getting easier and not having to stop during the whole workout to catch my breath and i having to do this, this time around.

Why am i not increasing my endurance like i should be?

Replies

• junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    have you taken any rest days?

if not, do so.
    you will come back feeling refreshed and revitalized :)
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're on a severe caloric deficit you could be running out of energy reserves.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Your not really suppose to take a rest day on 30DS, and i don't feel that i need a rest day. I'm not getting overall tired or exhausted.

& i eat about 1440 (MFP made that for me) and i burn about 200-500 calories a day depends on how much time i have and if i can do more than 30DS,
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Actually you are supposed to take rest days with 30DS, or with any workout. Jillian has been quoted as saying she was shocked that people were doing it for 30 days straight. In many of her subsequent workout DVDs, she always recommends at least one rest day when she gives info at the beginning. :smile:

Your body needs a break - muscles repair and grow when you're resting, not when you're working them. When I did 30DS, I was only doing it 4 days a week on average, and I had good results with it.

Can't see your diary, but make sure you're eating enough, plenty of protein, good balance of carbs and fat, and lots of water as well. Do you eat back your exercise calories to net that 1440? Food is fuel! Not enough food or rest could be leading to less endurance.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    great post amy and great advice.