Day 1 on my quest to lose 30lbs by my 30th birthday

Options
Hey everyone! I made the decision this morning that I WILL work towards being a happier and healthier ME. My goal is to lose thirty pounds by my thirtieth birthday, which is July 6. I have seven months and 24 days to reach this very doable goal. I joined MFP to not only keep track of my calorie intake and exercise, but to also have online friends hold me accountable.

Replies

• emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I, too, would like to lose about 30lbs...allthough I turn 31 next Sunday! Ha! I'll send you a friend request - it'll be fun doing this together!
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am turning the big 3-0 on August 3rd of next year!! I have about 45lbs to lose to be to my goal weight, and I am hoping for at least 30-35 by my birthday!! I gained the 45lbs throughout my 20's so I would like to enter my 30's feeling like "myself" again and the healthiest I can be! I'll send you a friend request!!! :smile:
  • lindajoleane
    Options
    Sending you all the good luck and encouragement vibes possible! About four years ago I dropped 60+lbs, but over the past two years I have slowly gained back about 20 of those. With a new job came a more sedentary lifestyle. So this 30 pound goal will put me back at my smaller size, plus some. Like you, I want to be at my best for my years past 30! Thanks for adding me :)
  • lindajoleane
    Options
    You can do it!! I, too, would like to lose about 30lbs...allthough I turn 31 next Sunday! Ha! I'll send you a friend request - it'll be fun doing this together!

Happy early birthday! Thanks for the add :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 in September 2014 and I am hoping to be healthier and happier by then as well! Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in exactly 11 months from today! I would love to lose about 10 more lbs, but I would be happy with even 5 of those lbs gone. I lost about 20 lbs using this website over the course of 6 months, but then have gained a few of them back.

I am gonna add some of you guys as friends. It would be awesome to enter my 30's in the best shape of my life!
  • RagenGBrown
    Options
    You can do it! Way to go you on becoming healthier!
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just love your 30 x 30 theme and what a great goal! I am 31 and am loving the new healthier me. Excited to see your progress as this year will fly by for you!
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is the same reason I joined, the accountability. I strongly believe you need like-minded people around you, supporting you, in order for weight loss to be successful. There are the rare exceptions that can do it by themselves. Congrats on the decision to better your health. 30lbs is definitely attainable, just stay focused and don't let the little hiccups along the journey discourage you.
  • insanity525
    Options
    Good luck to you all! I turned 30 in May, but hope to be close to my goal by 31!!!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    IVE GOT 7 DAYS TO MY 65TH, id love to loose 3 pounds to reach my next goal.
  • lindajoleane
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Its great to know support is just a click away :)