Has anyone tried the 6 week body makeover?

Options
Just wondering if anyone's tried the Michael Thurmond's Six Week Body Makeover and if so what is your opinion on the plan?

Replies

• Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I bought it but barely ever used it. It comes with a 6 day mini makeover diet which I did a few times but never managed to get more than 4 days into it because it was eatting the same foods ALL day, 5-6 times a day. I didn't feel that it was healthy for me to be eatting a can of tuna a day for 6 days, when they say not to have too much tuna for mercury levels.

The 6 week part of it is a little different, but I never really used it. To me it is more worth just getting your calories in using this site & determine what foods help you lose.
  • jenniferolg
    jenniferolg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought it too. I went through the whole kit, put everything together like it was supposed to go, took before pictures and modified them to motivate me (made after photos basically), and tried the diet. It does work, BUT it involves an awful lot of cooking, toting, eating and thinking about food! I still use the knowledge I got from the plan and most of the recipes which were very good. I also keep track of the changes in my measurements in the binder it came with. I work full-time, but if I were a stay-at-home mom or retired, I think it would work since I would be able to eat when necessary. Basically, you eat very small meals every 2 hours or so. My plan called for 1 ounce of chicken or fish plus green, leafy veggies about 4 times a day in between meals made of about the same.
  • MarthaJ77
    MarthaJ77 Posts: 16
    Options
    I read the 6 day body makeover, and it sounded really promising until you got to the meal plan. Very strict and lots of work involved. You can't have ANY prepackaged food at all. The idea behind it makes total sense but I don't think I could make it my way of life.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I'm an infomercial junkie....and have woken up to this one alot lately. From your comments though I think I'm way to busy to be able to keep up with it. Thanks for saving me the cash :flowerforyou:
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tried it about 3 yrs. ago and followed it to the tee. Only lost 25 lb. and was totally bored with eating the same thing everyday. Now I am on Food Lovers Fat Loss system and eat whatever I want and am losing the weight and inches. I still do the body makeover band exercises though.