@ Home Free workout routines/videos?

Does anyone have any at home strength routines (with minimal equipment I only have hand weights and a yoga mat) or youtube/free exercise videos that they have found to be effective for them? I can't afford a gym right now, I use natures gym (the mountain by my house) to hike whenever possible and I go on runs on the street, I also have two of Jillians dvds but money tight right now so I need something to mix up my routine so I don't get board and give up. Also I want to start doing more strength moves.. Links would be appreciated :) Thanks all

Happy Monday

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    You'll find all sorts of workouts that are free on YouTube :smile:
  • AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Fitness Blender (channel) on Youtube have loads of fanastic workouts!
  • angbunny22
    angbunny22 Posts: 54 Member
    Check your cable network. Sometimes they have Free Exercise on Demand!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred is on YouTube for free!
  • Check out Melissa Bender @benderfitness !!! She has a ton of at home workout videos that you can do with no weights. Really good stuff. Her website is www.benderfitness.com she's even here on this site which is how I found her.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Also check your local library.
  • fitnessblender.com is the best. They even have a 5 minute workout that will kick your butt.....

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/5-Minutes-to-Slim-HIIT-Cardio-Workout/bl/
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Check out Nexflix or your local library.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Check out Blogilates,zwow,bodyrocktv and spnluver83 on YouTube. They all feature free work outs.Have fun!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Do you have cable tv? Go to the On Demand Section. TONS of free workouts ranging from beginner-advanced. And all different types of workouts.

On Demand > Sports & Fitness > Fitness Workouts ....from there you will see lots of different categories.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    YouTube has plenty, it even has the 30 Day Shred :smile:
  • This is one from my personal trainer. Can all be done at home, might want a mat for part of it. It's pretty intense, I started by just doing each group of exercises once all the way through before I could do them 3 times each. If you're not sure what an exercise is Google or Youtube it and there should be a demonstration. These high intensity interval work outs helped me shred a lot of inches!

HOME WORKOUT:
    5 min Warm-up (jog, jumping jacks, squats, butt kicks, etc.)

30 sec—Deep, quick squats
    30 sec—Jump squats
    30 sec—pushups (try at incline if bothers wrists)
    30 sec—high knees
    30 sec—superman + lat pulldown (lying on stomach)
    1 min—Recovery
    REPEAT ABOVE 3X

30 sec—bicycle crunches
    30 sec—mountain climbers
    30 sec—dips (edge of chair, trunk, etc.)
    30 sec—sumo squat jumps (legs wide, feet out 45 degrees)
    30 sec—burpees
    1 min—Recovery
    REPEAT ABOVE 3X

30 sec—star squat (squat, then jump into air jack)
    30 sec—high knees
    10x—roll back + roll up and tuck jump
    REPEAT ABOVE 3X

STRETCH AT END
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    blogilates.com I can't think of anything better. It's seriously amazing.
  • There is a website, I think it is collagevideo.com, where you can check out tons of fitness DVDs, read reviews from people who have tried them, and get them mailed to your door. I've bought a few DVDs off of there and have always had a good experience.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    really like bodyrock.tv and zwow.
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Try Zwow from Zuzana (was original co-founder of Bodyrock.tv but ever since she left, bodyrock is not the same anymore). The youtube channel for Zuzana:

youtube.com/Zuzkalight

Her workouts are short, use very little to no equipment and are intense!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    bump
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    I have used Bodyrock on youtube, it's good.
  • 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    bump