Struggling to Stay Focused

Options
I am trying to stay focused but tend to blow it on the weekends. I use to be able to have slip ups which mainly occurred on the weekends here and there and still lose weight. However, I turned 39 this year and noticed its been a lot harder. I retain water very quickly and the scale does not seem to be budging even on the weeks I closely watch my calorie intake. I am working on fighting those evening food craving and cutting back on alcohol intake during the week. I continue find myself struggling to stay focused when I am not seeing results. Any advice and I will take. it!

Replies

• carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    have you looked at how you eat? what I mean is do you go long times between meals? or do you eat several small meals a day? do you have snacks in between big meals?
  • NachoAverageGal
    Options
    I can relate. I blow it on the weekends too. It seems like a vicious battle. I'll lose 2 or three pounds during the week and then gain four or 5 on the weekends. I am 46 and definitely noticed the difference since I turned 40. I don't have an answer, but you're not alone......
  • shari6028
    shari6028 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have always tried to only eat 3 meals a day. Most days I focus mainly on proteins and vegetables or fruits. I am wondering if I need to change this to several small meals instead??
  • alan589
    alan589 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Shari.

I am nearly 49...I wish I had done this years ago.

Go for it.