Pregnant and MFP help

Options
Is there an option on here to include being pregnant when you fill out your profile? I want to make sure that I am consuming the right calorie intake but not over exceeding. Thanks!

I am 24 weeks and have gained 11lbs so far.

Replies

• vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi there.... I'm 19 weeks and when I found out I was pregnant I did update my my account, but there was not a pregnancy option. I changed my calories from 1300 to 2030, which came from me telling MFP that I wanted to gain 1/2 pound a week. I usually will hit 2030 or go up to 2200 a day, which my doctor is encouraging. You're doing good at 10 pounds up..... I'm up 11 pounds already, which is really good for me consideringI gained 50+ with my first.

Have you checked out the pregnancy forum yet?
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    You can change the profile to gain weight, which is what I have done...I am 18 weeks and have gained 10lbs so far...
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 26 weeks here.

There is no option to include "pregnant" but I eat at maintenance plus 1/2 lb per week, and I have since the beginning of the second trimester. MFP works really well for tracking healthy pregnancy intake.

My plan is:

First trimester: eat at maintenance
    Second trimester: eat at +1/2 lb per week
    Third trimester: eat at +1 lb per week

Sofar so good. I'm only up about 14 lbs in 26 weeks, so I'm right on track for a healthy gain.
  • CoachJake83
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken pregnancy only increases your maintenance calories by a very small amount. Somewhere in the range of 250-300 per day. But I'm not a doctor! I just know it's definitely not a huge amount.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken pregnancy only increases your maintenance calories by a very small amount. Somewhere in the range of 250-300 per day. But I'm not a doctor! I just know it's definitely not a huge amount.

This is correct. The whole "eating for two" thing is nonsense. You really only need 300-400 calories max extra per day to maintain a healthy pregnancy. It is, however, far more important to get micronutrients like calcium and iron in during pregnancy than before.
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm very newly and unexpectedly pregnant with second (my son is 4 in January)
    I actually just hit my "prepregnancy weight" of 238. I'm down to 232 now and boom guess that's my magic number. I wanted to lose more weight as in down to 180 before I conceived but alas. My first pregnancy was healthy but I got a bag of **** about obesity from my assortment of residents that oversaw my appts last time around and I gained total 25 last time. However I was only supposed to gain 10-15 so obviously I'd have to lose first? I'm only 5 wks along right now and my first appt is in 3 weeks. I changed my calories from 1450(set to lose 1.5 lb sedentary) to 1700 (set to lose 1lb a week) and im keeping the exercise light until i talk to a doc...for now and I'm hoping as a still obese pregnant person, this is the right move. Any thoughts