Does Yogurt cancel out Whey protein

Options

Replies

• cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The body will digest/favor readily available nutrients before it utilized complex nutrients. Those that are not utilized immediately are then stored or converted to energy stores for a later use. Aka fat.

So to avoid this is to make what you ingest in as simple form possible so that the body does utilize what was ingested more readily.. this is as simple as I can explain this.

Forgive any typos as I am using my phones browser.

Thank you!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Actually in the ro-sham-bo of protein. Yogurt cancels Whey. Whey bloodies Beef. And Beef squashes Yogurt.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    if the whey or protein was made from anti-matter, then yes. otherwise, no.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    a trainer i had a while back said that you dont benefit as much from the protein when you eat it in a sugary substance such as milk. I am not sure why this is, but I have heard that you shouldn't mix protein with milk, you should use water instead so this may have something to do with it. I dont follow this since i dont like protein mixed with just water, but its just something ive heard.

Your trainer is wrong. I don't suppose he also manages a Booster Juice?

Well i didnt say that he was right anyway, not sure why you have to attack everything everyone says, Sidesteel. Im just giving another opinion. My trainer has placed very highly in many bodybuilding competitions, so i tend to listen to him more than someone on MFP that has about 1/10 of his muscle mass. He is well known across the usa-doesn't mean he is right, but then again maybe he is :-)

Stating a fact is not attacking. Would you want there to be myths continuing to be perpetuated as no-one is 'allowed' to challenge them?

Also, personal attacks are not good form on here. Just thought you may like to know that.

Asking if he works at booster juice is not a fact, it is an unnecessary comment meant to insult. not necessary.

And you would never make an unnecessary comment meant to insult...

Amirite or amirite?? :flowerforyou:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    a trainer i had a while back said that you dont benefit as much from the protein when you eat it in a sugary substance such as milk. I am not sure why this is, but I have heard that you shouldn't mix protein with milk, you should use water instead so this may have something to do with it. I dont follow this since i dont like protein mixed with just water, but its just something ive heard.

Well i didnt say that he was right anyway, not sure why you have to attack everything everyone says, Sidesteel. Im just giving another opinion. My trainer has placed very highly in many bodybuilding competitions, so i tend to listen to him more than someone on MFP that has about 1/10 of his muscle mass. He is well known across the usa-doesn't mean he is right, but then again maybe he is :-)

Stating a fact is not attacking. Would you want there to be myths continuing to be perpetuated as no-one is 'allowed' to challenge them?

Also, personal attacks are not good form on here. Just thought you may like to know that.

Asking if he works at booster juice is not a fact, it is an unnecessary comment meant to insult. not necessary.

It really was an attempt at humor. I don't see how it's an insult as I don't have anything negative to say about anyone who works at Booster Juice. I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful people who serve juice and I'm in no way disrespecting you or said juice delivery agents.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I think you just insulted Booster Juice by saying that he was insulting Booster Juice.

I've seen this logic before:
    633754257971688335-yodawg.jpg

Do you prefer Smoothie King or Jamba Juice?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow.

My input on this subject has already been covered.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    a trainer i had a while back said that you dont benefit as much from the protein when you eat it in a sugary substance such as milk. I am not sure why this is, but I have heard that you shouldn't mix protein with milk, you should use water instead so this may have something to do with it. I dont follow this since i dont like protein mixed with just water, but its just something ive heard. Also, i dont think that its "bad" to do. i think there is some reason why some of the protein powder is not absorbed correctly when sugar is involved.

Milk slows down the digestion. That is why you're supposed to mix whey with water. It has nothing to do with a sugary substance.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    a trainer i had a while back said that you dont benefit as much from the protein when you eat it in a sugary substance such as milk. I am not sure why this is, but I have heard that you shouldn't mix protein with milk, you should use water instead so this may have something to do with it. I dont follow this since i dont like protein mixed with just water, but its just something ive heard. Also, i dont think that its "bad" to do. i think there is some reason why some of the protein powder is not absorbed correctly when sugar is involved.

Milk slows down the digestion. That is why you're supposed to mix whey with water. It has nothing to do with a sugary substance.

The problem here is that we can't accurately say that given matched protein intakes, digestion rates are terribly important in terms of overall change in LBM.

I should clarify: I'm not suggesting that digestive rate is totally meaningless, I'm just clarifying that mixing whey with anything that would alter digestion speed isn't inherently bad, nor am I aware of research that shows a difference in net lbm changes by comparing digestion speeds. Given adequate total intake in protein in real world scenarios I would expect the differences to be minimal. Also "please and thank you" and I'm not attacking you. Have a great day!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Questions are attacking now? Your attacking response was completely over the top. Asking a mildly joking question about someone else (not you) is a very different thing to you making an insinuating attack on someone's body composition, I am very sorry for you that you cannot comprehend that.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I decided I should just be dancing instead....

jingleheimer.gif

No doubt! Where the hell did SS attack anyone? He is one of the nicest people on MFP. I have never seen him make a rude comment to anyone. He simply said, "Your trainer is wrong," in response to the question, "Is my trainer right or wrong?" SO WTF??
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just eat real food?

I would be late for work if I cooked steak for my brekfast
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

The problem here is that we can't accurately say that given matched protein intakes, digestion rates are terribly important in terms of overall change in LBM.

Agreed. I was just giving him the supposed reasoning behind why whey protein wasn't mixed with milk. And wanted to point out that protein powder can be absorbed with or without sugar.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods now sells anti-matter yogurt. True story.

Best. Yogurt. Ever.

Add some anti-matter voodoo:
    0.jpg

Baby is cancelled through anti-matter yogurt. No more crying!
    Probiotics-for-Children-article.jpg
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Questions are attacking now? Your attacking response was completely over the top. Asking a mildly joking question about someone else (not you) is a very different thing to you making an insinuating attack on someone's body composition, I am very sorry for you that you cannot comprehend that.

I agree. Attacking someone's body comp (especially SS) is too much.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options

made me laugh!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just eat real food?

I would be late for work if I cooked steak for my brekfast

:huh:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods now sells anti-matter yogurt. True story.

Don't stick your spoon in it

I use it to power my warp drive.

You should switch to flux capacitors. Much greener.

Natural Gas from Bean Proteins is about as green as you can get.... Since we are being green here... LOL
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who gave their opinions. I didn't think it made sense that's why I thought I'd ask as people who are trying to lose weight/gain fitness usually do lots of nutritional reading and I couldn't find much on google. I'm sorry that some people fought over it.
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    FYI it was like 3 years ago that I worked at booster juice so maybe that was just a myth at the time that has since been disproved since I worked there.