Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred soreness

Options
How can I get rid of the soreness in my legs and arms after Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, my friend said to drink 2 Motrins before workout and 2 after I dont wanna take pills everyday any suggestions?

Replies

• victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend taking 2 motrins before and after. I am ALWAYS sore when I start a new workout routine, or up my intensity. A really nice warm bath and 1-2 motrin can do the trick. Also make you your are warming up and stretching those muscles really well :)

Also see if you can get the significant other to give you a massage! hhehe
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 and was told it will get easier. I'm super sore too. Just drink water and hang in there!
  • marialleras
    Options
    I don't recommend taking 2 motrins before and after. I am ALWAYS sore when I start a new workout routine, or up my intensity. A really nice warm bath and 1-2 motrin can do the trick. Also make you your are warming up and stretching those muscles really well :)

Also see if you can get the significant other to give you a massage! hhehe

WILL DO THAT SOUNDS BETTER AND I WILL MOST DEFINATELY TELL HIM TO GIVE ME A MASSAGE HEHE :laugh:
  • marialleras
    Options
    I just did day 1 and was told it will get easier. I'm super sore too. Just drink water and hang in there!

SUCKS LOL :laugh: I WILL AND THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have started taking Glucosamine which helps with joint soreness. I find the Shred a wee bit hard on my knees. For the muscle soreness, try soaking in a bath of epsom salts. Works like a dream! Also, make sure you are staying well hydrated through the day!
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's all been said...drink plenty of water, take motrin and take a long warm bath...bubble bath's are nice:smile:
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    By the third day or so the soreness goes away. Then you start getting all this energy that makes getting through it sooooo much easier. Good luck and keep it up!
  • marialleras
    Options
    I have started taking Glucosamine which helps with joint soreness. I find the Shred a wee bit hard on my knees. For the muscle soreness, try soaking in a bath of epsom salts. Works like a dream! Also, make sure you are staying well hydrated through the day!

• kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I started doing a short warm up including a few unweighted squats before turning on the Shred and that really helped with the soreness.
  • FiestyIrish
    Options
    I do a very short (10 minutes) yoga video I have that is just for stretching and relaxation. It helps SO MUCH just to really stretch out the muscles in the afternoon. I'm on day 4 of the 30 Day Shred and while I do get sore, it eases up and doesn't come back after I do the yoga.
  • marialleras
    Options
    It's all been said...drink plenty of water, take motrin and take a long warm bath...bubble bath's are nice:smile:
    thank you
  • marialleras
    Options
    By the third day or so the soreness goes away. Then you start getting all this energy that makes getting through it sooooo much easier. Good luck and keep it up!

awesome thanks
  • marialleras
    Options
    I started doing a short warm up including a few unweighted squats before turning on the Shred and that really helped with the soreness.

Thank you!!!
  • marialleras
    Options
    I do a very short (10 minutes) yoga video I have that is just for stretching and relaxation. It helps SO MUCH just to really stretch out the muscles in the afternoon. I'm on day 4 of the 30 Day Shred and while I do get sore, it eases up and doesn't come back after I do the yoga.

so gonna try this thanks
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do the warm up correctly and feel your body heating up. Always stretch afterwards as well.

You need to up your protein intake which will help as well. When you exercise your muscles tear which causes soreness and pain. Protein repairs the damage from working out. What I do is drink a whey protein shake immediately after my workout.

Soreness is a good thing because it means you are working your muscles, but ibuprofen (which is a muscle relaxer) can be used if you are so sore you can't move!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 now. Day 2 was miserable, no amount of Motrin could help that situation. Day 3 I was better, but then when I did the shred my muscles were killing me. I haven't done the workout yet today, but I already feel the pain. Getting up and sitting down in chairs is making my muscles ache. I can't even imagine how much it's going to suck to do the shred today.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7, you have to just work through it. There's nothing really motrin can do. If you workout every day, I promise it will get easier. Also, be careful taking pain killers before a workout. Pain can be your signal that something is wrong, it's there for a reason. They should be fine after the workout though.
  • marialleras
    Options
    Make sure you do the warm up correctly and feel your body heating up. Always stretch afterwards as well.

You need to up your protein intake which will help as well. When you exercise your muscles tear which causes soreness and pain. Protein repairs the damage from working out. What I do is drink a whey protein shake immediately after my workout.

Soreness is a good thing because it means you are working your muscles, but ibuprofen (which is a muscle relaxer) can be used if you are so sore you can't move!

THANK YOU WILL DO
  • marialleras
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 now. Day 2 was miserable, no amount of Motrin could help that situation. Day 3 I was better, but then when I did the shred my muscles were killing me. I haven't done the workout yet today, but I already feel the pain. Getting up and sitting down in chairs is making my muscles ache. I can't even imagine how much it's going to suck to do the shred today.

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU
  • marialleras
    Options
    I'm on day 7, you have to just work through it. There's nothing really motrin can do. If you workout every day, I promise it will get easier. Also, be careful taking pain killers before a workout. Pain can be your signal that something is wrong, it's there for a reason. They should be fine after the workout though.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH