Scared like the first day of school

Options
Hello,

This is day one of trying out a new life. I am not a very social person, but the suggestion to reach out has come strong. So here I am.

33 f

5' 2"

210lbs

And SCARED I will fail. I want to do this. I hope I can.

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Ofcourse you can do this! Friend me if you like and let's keep each other accountable!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place to get started! Feel free to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step towards changing your life for the better. Making this commitment is difficult, but you will come out of it as a stronger person both physically and mentally. Make a list of reasons and motivations; constantly remind yourself why you're doing this and you will NOT fail. People here are incredibly supportive and here to help; we all have your back :)
  • camajade
    camajade Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I decided when I started MFP that I would only add a few friends for support. I prefer to have just a few to be able to encourage them and have the support I need. I log everything, every bite even if I go over my calorie goal. If you are serious and need support, feel free to add me.
  • shelbyaes
    Options
    That's a great idea. Thanks.
  • Neffjb84
    Neffjb84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started again a week ago! Feel free to add me! We can encourge each other!
  • shelbyaes
    Options
    ok thanks everyone, but i dont know how to add anyone.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello,

This is day one of trying out a new life. I am not a very social person, but the suggestion to reach out has come strong. So here I am.

33 f

5' 2"

210lbs

And SCARED I will fail. I want to do this. I hope I can.
    Hello! Welcome! I'm sure you WILL fail, nothing wrong in that. Many people fail. That is what helps us learn from mistakes and do better next time. Just because you fail doesn't mean you can not start again and do better. I'm sure you will find many people here that will support you. Enjoy the journey! ;)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The only real way to fail is if you give up! Congratulations on taking this step.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    DON'T BE SCARED!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!~
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    The only real way to fail is if you give up! Congratulations on taking this step.

Exactly! Every little change you make is success. Do not expect 100% perfection. Good luck- you can do this!
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I'm not overly social either, but this is a great community! Welcome, good luck, and dig in! There's a ton of great info on here :)
  • angiebelfast
    Options
    hi
    to add someone just click on their message to you and you'll see the add to friend option, feel free to add me
    Angie
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    No ones afraid of becoming SEXIER!
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This describes me, my first day at the gym!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I know that you can do this. Having a group of friends on here can be really helpful. They offer support and can keep you motivated. My name is Kimberlee, 49. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 200 lbs. Please feel free to add me for support and encouragement.
  • fsutony
    Options
    No reason to be scared you can do this.the fear you feel right now will turn into excitement about what you have done.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly acceptable to be scared, however, your biggest fear should be that you will not live to tell your story.

Push hard and fight for what you want, there are going to be times you want to give up- - push harder, times that you think you can't do something -You can!! ... just take baby steps towards your new life and before you know it, it will be easy as pie!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Food is not something to be scared of. It is very likely that you'll have bad days or even bad weeks sometime along the way. What's done is done, so beat yourself up only long enough to learn a lesson from the bad, then shrug if off and get back to the good.

You only fail if you quit. So ... don't quit!! Ever.