Just Killed First Half Marathon

Options
2»

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I totally killed my first half marathon yesterday: Completed the 13.1 mile course in 1:49:10.

I hadn't run for the last 12 years, picked it back up again in March of this year and ran a few small road races (5K PR: 21:45) and decided to go for a half. I'd like to thank my friends who pushed me along the way--especially Bailey and Christine--and let everyone know that you can do anything you set your mind to!

AWESOME! You did great!

I'm going to do a half in March next year. I used to run marathons and ultra marathons and everything in between, but it's been awhile and I'm curious to see how I do with my new lean self. I was always over weight when I did them before.

So awesome for you. That is a great time for the half. You should be very proud!
    Bobbie
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Killed it??? You murked that sucker!!!!

Fantastic result - you should rightly be proud of yourself.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are my new hero! I just did my first one Saturday night in 1:58:36. You rock!

crazy awesome too!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS. :flowerforyou:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    KILLED IT for sure! WOW!!!!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Great job.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gosh!!! That is insane! You have done a fantabulous job seriously! You *SHOULD* be rocking a smile!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have my first HM on Sunday. :-)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Um, that is ridiculously fast. I just did my first half marathon on saturday 11/10, just started running this year..... did it in 2hrs 47 min. my goal was just to finish - in under three hours - woohoo!! so awesome.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!
  • baileybowman
    baileybowman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! And thank you for the shout out ;);) You are a motivation to me as well!
  • fedorpuppy
    fedorpuppy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, great job!!! My PR is 2:10, I've never been able to break 2 hours but with my recent weight loss I'm going to go for it again! Very inspirational, thanks for giving us the update!!!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    fantastic..wtg!!! Congrats
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Holy moly that's amazing! Congrats!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    You could get arrested for running your first at that speed. Absolutely awesome result!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! You did SO amazing that is such a great time. I have mine this Sunday!! Can't wait to see your tattoo :)
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I totally killed my first half marathon yesterday: Completed the 13.1 mile course in 1:49:10.

I hadn't run for the last 12 years, picked it back up again in March of this year and ran a few small road races (5K PR: 21:45) and decided to go for a half. I'd like to thank my friends who pushed me along the way--especially Bailey and Christine--and let everyone know that you can do anything you set your mind to!

Congrats! My first one is in 2 months and my goal is 2 hours. Thanks for the inspiration to push myself!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh my, that is amazing to run that fast after such a short amount of training. AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!