Sweating for the wedding!

Options
Hello all! I have gained 20 pounds over the past 3 years and I am ready to take it all off. I'm getting married in October 2013 and I want to look as amazing as I used to. My fiance is also trying to lose weight, so it's a bit easier having someone do the work with me. I was underweight the majority of my life, so it is hard for me to know how to make the lifestyle changes I need to in order to lose weight. I am about 5 pounds over my normal range BMI weight, so I'm just a little chubby, but I am not happy with the way I look and feel. Any support would be much appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• Rmbleasdal21
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...getting married in June '13.
    I've gained about 20 lbs over the past couple years as well...I don't feel "fat", but definitely out of shape. There's a lot more jiggling than there used to! Lol. Just sick of not fitting in my old clothes...and, of course, I wanna be in good shape for the wedding!
    I just found this website today, and I think it'll be a lot of help if I just keep up with it!
    I wish I could get my fiance' to work out with me...but we have opposite ideas when it comes to exercise...I want cardio, and he's all about weight training.
    Anyway, good luck to you, and congrats on the wedding! :)
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I'm getting wed august '13 and also want to look fabulous!!
    Good luck, this site is fantastic and there is tons of support on here.
    Xxx
  • foxchick40
    foxchick40 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in May 2013, I'm loosing weight for that plus I just am tired of being the big girl!!
  • meaganh13
    meaganh13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just got engaged at the beginning of October and we are looking at an August 2014 wedding, but I have about 40lbs to lose... add me if you want to... I don't really track my food anymore but I track all workouts and weigh-ins and try to motivate those around me as much as possible. Good luck!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me.. I've maintained my goal weight for over a year after losing 50 pounds. I wish I had done a bit more to get into shape before my wedding (pictures last forever!) but your goal seems super reasonable. I've seen brides on here wanting to lose 20 pounds in the month before their wedding. EEP! Not recommended!

Sounds like you have a GREAT attitude and a healthy way of looking at things. The best advice is to track what goes in and stay within your calorie limits (be real, track portions, count everything) and move that body! You'll see results just doing those two things. The biggest eye opener for me was PORTIONS. What I thought I was eating vs. what was going in my body were two very different things. A scale at home helps! So does understanding what 3 oz looks like vs. 6 oz (tons of websites that give visuals).

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! VERY exciting!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just got engaged at the beginning of October and we are looking at an August 2014 wedding, but I have about 40lbs to lose... add me if you want to... I don't really track my food anymore but I track all workouts and weigh-ins and try to motivate those around me as much as possible. Good luck!

I got engaged on the 5th of October and looking at a September 2014 wedding. I have about 50 pounds to lose.