ONE machine is enough for Cardio!

Options
No - I am no expert but I have learned that getting on ONE machine and exercising 30 - 45 minutes on that machine beats skipping around from elliptical to treadmill to bicycle, etc. TOO many people are confused about which to do, how much to do, should you switch, etc. So I say, find ONE of the above and do it as long as you can in one workout! Then maybe switch to another machine the next day and do it as long as you can as well to switch it up and to work different muscles. Cardio 5 days a week and weights 3 days a week sounds like a plan that will work! Just wanted to share my thoughts. :smile:

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Yes, one machine is all you need.

....you
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I cant do more than 30 minutes in a machine before I get too bored! If I switch its because on "cardio only" days I try to go atleast 45 to an hour so after said 30 minutes on x machine I do the rest on a different machine. I just can't do it! I tried and the most I got was 35 minutes before I wanted to jump off! Might just be a mental thing LOL
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Ahh! That's what's wrong with the internet.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Personally I find machine deadly boring. I've been reading new research that says 15-20 of high intensity bodyweight type exercises is way better for you. Also because it's a shorter work out you don't get bored as quickly. Intensity is the key. Burns fat for much longer after the workout as well. Do whatever it is that you enjoy though - it's just good to be doing something I reckon.
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    It is fine to disagree, but I don't understand why people need to be rude. Some of us can't go to a gym, so yeah one machine..some weights...and go.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I switch it up when I have an injury. NOrmally I like to run, but sometimes can't run as much as I like- most recently due to sprained ankle. At the 6 week mark when I was ok to run again I would run for 10 min then switch to the bike.

I think whatever anyone wants to do as far as fitness and what works for them is fine.