how to I get UNSTUCK

Options
I tried upping my calorie intake for a little while, and I only gained. I don't know what to do at this point. Should I cut out carbs for a little while?

Any Advice?

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck and how long did you eat at higher calories?
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    been stuck ablmost 2 months now.. and ate higher calorie intake for about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks.
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    what is your workout routine like?
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to see your diary, but in general - the content of your diet doesn't matter as much as the calories. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?
  • giogioitaly
    giogioitaly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did you check your body fat%? Did you take measuraments of your waist and hips? How often do you exercise?
    How much caloried do you take per day? Do you have a balance diet?:happy:
    Once I have those answers I can be more precise you can do in order to get leaner?
  • Marcillene
    Options
    Hat taken BMI. Or done measurements. I eat on a 1200 calorie diet, and excercise a few times a week (plus tote a heavy toddler around, and do normal things like walking up and down stairs,. yada yada..)

And i do not know how to calculate TDEE?

BMR is 1500 but I triesd that for 2 1/2 or 3 weeks and nothing but gaining.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    and i do not know body fat%. we dont have a gym here to go to for that. :( and i do eat balanced diet. Not much fruit because of the sugar in it, but eat veggies, protein, carbs, ect.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hat taken BMI. Or done measurements. I eat on a 1200 calorie diet, and excercise a few times a week (plus tote a heavy toddler around, and do normal things like walking up and down stairs,. yada yada..)

And i do not know how to calculate TDEE?

BMR is 1500 but I triesd that for 2 1/2 or 3 weeks and nothing but gaining.

If your BMR is 1500, and you aren't exercising at all, then you would eat 1300 to lose one pound per week. Exercising 3 times a week would mean eating 1563 a day to lose one pound per week. How long have you been on 1200 calories? How much weight are you trying to lose?

You must be calculating something wrong because you can NOT gain weight by eating at your BMR.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Of course your BMR could be wrong.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I juist recalculated BMR like 10 minutes ago to make sure it was accurate. and I have been on 1200 since mid June. I still have 20lbs I would like to loose, but 10 until my goal.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your exercise routine?? It's recommended to change up your workout routine about every 3-4 workouts. Your body can fall into routine quickly and if your doing the same workout for a week, it now knows your routine and won't have to work as hard which results in fewer calories burned. If you change up your routine every 3-4 workouts it keeps your body guessing.

Good luck!!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    If you are certain of your BMR, then you are calculating your calories wrong, either your food and/or exercise. You can not gain weight if your calorie intake equals you BMR. Your BMR is the amount of calories your body would burn if you didn't move at all. If you were in a coma, your BMR would be the number of calories that the doctor would feed you intravenously.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your exercise routine?? It's recommended to change up your workout routine about every 3-4 workouts. Your body can fall into routine quickly and if your doing the same workout for a week, it now knows your routine and won't have to work as hard which results in fewer calories burned. If you change up your routine every 3-4 workouts it keeps your body guessing.

Good luck!!

This is a possibility. When calorie counts are wrong, the burn is the most likely suspect.

EDIT: Also, as you get close to your goal weight, your deficit needs to be much smaller, about 10% from maintenance calories.
  • Marcillene
    Options

Good luck!!

This is a possibility. When calorie counts are wrong, the burn is the most likely suspect.

EDIT: Also, as you get close to your goal weight, your deficit needs to be much smaller, about 10% from maintenance calories.

I dont ever eat back my calories as is now. I usually do my own routine, or throw in Jillian Michaels in there. Maybe working the same muscles, but I always UP my reps to be able to do more. maybe...
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Type /unstuck. If that doesn't work relog.

;)