How to get over 3 O'clock-itis!!!

Options
Hi there,

Could anyone please give me some tips on how to get over the tired hump I get at 3.00pm every day. I find this time is the worst for me and I tend to grab anything bad to get energy or I lose the motivation and resolve by this time. I need to get over this hump so anyone who also suffers this please share your helpful tips :)

Thanks in advance

Replies

• anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I need salty snacks and a diet coke about that time every day. I bring the proper snack size to work. (Usually Baked Lay's, Pistachios, or pretzels.) I also go for a walk if I'm not in a meeting.

Good luck!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I budget in a snack of a banana and some yogurt.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Definitely bring munchies from home that are pre-portioned and healthier than the typical vending-machine stuff. Maybe try to avoid simple carbs to keep your energy up for the rest of the day without the sugar crash, too.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Have a snack. Plan it into your calories, make it a reasonably healthy one and just have a snack every day at that time if you tend to run out of steam. Planning a decent snack will help you avoid having a worse one.

You get to split your calories up any old way you want. I eat 6, sometimes 7, small meals a day. Works for me. Some folks do intermittent fasting and only eat one or two. Seems to work for them.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    pound a beer in ur car
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Somebody's got a case of the Mondays.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    pound a beer in ur car

Or an airplane bottle of something stronger. I suggest Absolut.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie, I usually just eat. I have some fruit (apples, bananas, etc), or a string cheese or veggies (cucumbers usually). Plan for it, eat, and don't let it derail you.
  • Bess_74
    Options
    I try to have a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon to ward off hunger. I also keep a bottle of sublingual vitamin B in my desk for days I feel lethargic and start craving sweets or feel like mindless eating.
  • 35khris
    35khris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take a B12 vitamin at 2 O'clock.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem recently (when it hadn't been a problem for quite a while) and an email from Jillian Michaels's website said dehydration could be a cause. Sure enough, I had been slacking off on my water intake and once I upped it, I haven't had the problem since.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I eat lunch at 3 pm
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I split my lunch into two parts - I'll have the main thing I'm eating around 12 (salad, soup, sandwich, whatever it happens to be that day), and then have a piece of fruit (which I log as "lunch", but affectionately call my "3 o'clock snack") around 3pm :) Helps keep me full and breaks up the end of the day a bit!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Eat a bigger lunch with a lot of protein and try to schedule things for that time so you are too busy to eat.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I plan for a snack--looks like a lot of people do. A cup of tea or black coffee might do the trick too. Especially as it gets colder. Brrr!!
  • dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Like you - I get the 3:00 munchies every day. If I plan well then I'll bring some type of protein snack and feel great. If I don't plan and eat chips, pop, even fruit - then I end up feeling worse. I'll bring Aldi Turkey Sausage sticks, hard boiled eggs, cheese, or greek yogurt and sometimes add nuts.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    That's when I make my Starbucks run - tall non fat latte with one pump of vanilla and a sprinkle of cinnamon:drinker:
  • DoinItForMe32
    Options
    Thanks guys, I think I will try taking some vitamins at that time as i run completely out of steam, start yawning and what not. If all else fails I will pound a beer with a shot of absolut to chase in my car!! lol :drinker:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Usually getting up from my desk is all it takes to get over the hump. I will get up and go get some water or coffee, or fresh air. I am usually tired and stiff, but not really hungry.

If I'm hungry, I have some craisins at my desk that I can eat, but usually I just need a quick change of scenery, a little bit of small talk and a beverage, and then I'm back to work.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was going to say I budget for a snack, but I may take up the beer and the shot idea instead. I know a few of my coworkers would join me! Ha!