NSV: 30 Days!

Options
Today I logged in and saw "KrazyAsianNic has logged in for 30 days in a row!" This is definitely not a lot compared to my friends, but this is actually a huge deal for me.

I'm not new to MFP and have reached the 30 day mark before. However, this time it is different. I restarted my journey for the last time on October 14, 2012. Since then, I have religiously recorded everything I have eaten, on good and bad days. This may not be a lot compared to my amazing friends on MFP, but it's a huge deal for me. For the first time, I see a chance in my near future of conquering this weight for good.

In the past 30 days I have:
-Got into the habit of logging, where it feels weird to eat a meal and NOT record it.
-I have wanted to quit and talked myself out of it (literally, out loud in my kitchen).
-Seen a side of me I have never seen in any try of losing weight, a side of me actually succeeding.
-I have come to the realization this will take time with a million baby steps.
-I finally want a lifestyle change and not a diet. I will eat "everything in moderation", or at least learn to.

Thanks for all of you who read this. I know it's not really a big NSV, but for me, it's a pretty big deal. I'm a very happy girl today!

Replies

• paleirishmother
    Options
    Congratulations!! A million baby steps adds up to giant leaps! I am happy to have you as a friend on MFP, you are very motivating :) Great luck with your journey!
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It seems like a great NSV to me!
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, but what does NSV stand for? Great job for hanging in there!
  • dharmabum1974
    dharmabum1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too!
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My friend, you rock!!!
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory...and this is a great one, my friend :)
  • knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!! Holding our selves accountable is a HUGE victory! Congrats
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, but what does NSV stand for? Great job for hanging in there!

NSV= Non Scale victory. Accomplishments not related to the number.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Thank yo ueveryone.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Happy 30th!
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and you WILL succeed!
  • Suey2Shoes
    Suey2Shoes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory...and this is a great one, my friend :)

Thanks to you and others for clarifying! And congrats to the original poster for the great NSV :) (now that I know what that means!)
  • misshaylynn
    misshaylynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats! keep it up girl, I'm currently at 15 days in a row and this really inspires me to keep going :)
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    Great job and can't wait to see 60, 90 days and 120 days from both of us!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It's a great nsv....the mindset you need to succeed.
    You can do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!